By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Thinking back, it would've been great if I did manage to guilt trip stefls to helping the town.
I tried to guilt trip noname with the "that stings,' too. 

Too bad they turned out to be heartless....

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

A serious question for folks, especially those that lasted longer:  why on Earth did people take forever and a half to make up their minds about anything?

noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:

I investigated Khuutra Night One, Noname Night Two, and was going to investigate RCTjunkie Night Three believe it or not.  All mafia.  I even decided on the order during Night One.  Damn I'm good.

I'm flattered!  I think...

New player 'plus' great debater possibly capable of leading the town 'plus' my own pet theory on identifying mafia that you fit into very well, but I will not reveal at this time = Investigation (better safe than sorry)

I investigated Khuutra first because I figured he would at least live through the night with the threat of doctor protection.  I was so excited when I got that investigation back.    Then I checked the game and saw he was dead.  

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Dayum...I correctly predicted Noname of being mafia...and for a second I did support vetteman in lynching stefl...

This sux.... anyway, who is hosting the next game ?

Overall pretty interesting round, but man, the first days just killed a lot of fun with over 200 posts a day. It got really hard reading all comments again to find out interesting information. That's why I got pretty inactive the last days. Sorry for that guys.

What I really hated is that so many players have been modkilled or decided to play against their roles. I mean seriously Supermario what the hell was that?!

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

Vetteman:  Your no lynch plan was, is, and always will be a bad idea.  I "deserved to die" just for disagreeing with you? Hardly.  I've seen it in previous games, but your actions here really underscore your history of suspecting people who merely disagree with you.  It really cost the town big time this game.

The only time a no lynch is a good idea is when you can reasonably predict the number of kills each night.  Then you can use a no lynch to extend a game that was going to end during the night to instead end during the next day phase.  Or you can double lynch to shorten the game to end during the prior day phase.  The goal is to minimize the number of mafia kills and maximize the number of town kills.  That is the best way for the town to win.  Town kills have a chance of getting mafia, mafia kills (generally) do not.  Extra no lynches just give extra kills to the mafia.  The town should not want the mafia choosing who lives and dies

No it wasnt,  your supposed great idea of a lynch with no information cost us our deputy and essentially your life as well.  We had nothing to gain from lynching after 2 mafia end up dead in the first night. We could have sat back and got another night of investigations in and go over the information,  which it sounds like would have netted us a mafia member.  But you didnt want the town to lose its supposed power of lynching, which is an absolute BS idea. The power is only useful if you know how and when to use it.  Problem is we were shooting blindfolded in the dark, but we took the shot anyway. But I know how you are,  you will refuse to admit you are wrong.  Which is why I dont regret killing you in the game.

Also I would like you post this claimed history I have of me suspecting people that disagree with me?  

Vetteman94 said:
theRepublic said:

Vetteman:  Your no lynch plan was, is, and always will be a bad idea.  I "deserved to die" just for disagreeing with you? Hardly.  I've seen it in previous games, but your actions here really underscore your history of suspecting people who merely disagree with you.  It really cost the town big time this game.

The only time a no lynch is a good idea is when you can reasonably predict the number of kills each night.  Then you can use a no lynch to extend a game that was going to end during the night to instead end during the next day phase.  Or you can double lynch to shorten the game to end during the prior day phase.  The goal is to minimize the number of mafia kills and maximize the number of town kills.  That is the best way for the town to win.  Town kills have a chance of getting mafia, mafia kills (generally) do not.  Extra no lynches just give extra kills to the mafia.  The town should not want the mafia choosing who lives and dies

No it wasnt,  your supposed great idea of a lynch with no information cost us our deputy and essentially your life as well.  We had nothing to gain from lynching after 2 mafia end up dead in the first night. We could have sat back and got another night of investigations in and go over the information,  which it sounds like would have netted us a mafia member.  But you didnt want the town to lose its supposed power of lynching, which is an absolute BS idea. The power is only useful if you know how and when to use it.  Problem is we were shooting blindfolded in the dark, but we took the shot anyway. But I know how you are,  you will refuse to admit you are wrong.  Which is why I dont regret killing you in the game.

Also I would like you post this claimed history I have of me suspecting people that disagree with me?  

That much I agree with.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Where pro-town lost this game -

Mod kills

Supermario acting weird

Extremely unlucky vigilante kills

People not trusting vigilante

I'm curious stefl, what exactly was your role ? and did you really find out that dsister was the doctor ?

Holy frigg, finally done? :P

I'd offer to host one, but I won't as too many people join the damn games :P  I'd be tempted to do one of the mafiascum newbie games with 9 players and 2 of them being mafia.

Also sucked that so many people just "gave up" and wanted to die.

Oh and to everyone I was laughing when you quoted a few of my posts...

Tanstalas said:

Be that as it may...

One more claiming their role sucks would be me...
My role is kind of interesting though...
Be assured though i am protown :)

oh, and i would ask that pro-town people not come to my house for tea at night, i had enough tea parties last game thank you very much :)

*currently listening to Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas*

Tanstalas said:
Because maybe if we lynch him he will turn into a lightpole, like what happened in a previous game?
Or i could be totally out to lunch there...
Mm and nen are the only ones who know for sure...
Btw - i prefer dr. pepper

Etc, went on for awhile.  Look at the first letter in each sentence heh

I was really hoping I would be targeted by more than 1 person the night I decided to blow up..

Worst case I took out a townie, best case was I took out a couple Mafia and maybe an SK :P

Edit: Also I am a stickler for using proper capitalization in sentences.  All the sentences in the above only one letter was capitalized lol

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Where pro-town lost this game -

Mod kills

Supermario acting weird

Extremely unlucky vigilante kills

People not trusting vigilante

I'm curious stefl, what exactly was your role ? and did you really find out that dsister was the doctor ?

I knew that Dsis was the Doc from day 1.

Actually my role was nothing else then the ability to go into hiding and rendering myself immune to all night actions... I only went once to kill trangentspree in the end, all the other days I hid somewhere. And I did not lie about not knowing that RCT was the godfather or him killing... I wondered if we might have no godfather since my PM did not mention such a thing... And I did not want RCT to die... SM128 just hammered him too quick...