By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

I'm confident that we will lynch a mafia today.  There are several reasons why I think sabby is mafia, but I'd like to begin by pointing out that either he is lying about being the bus driver or he is the mafia's bus driver. 

The decisions he's claimed simply do not add up.  On Night One he switched Final-Fan and stefl?  Why?  We didn't know until Day Two that stefl had a useful power, so it couldn't have been to protect stefl.  He suspected Final-Fan?  No, because Final-Fan wasn't acting particularly suspiciously that day: his death was fortunate, but neither he nor Khuutra gave themselves away before their deaths.  And why wouldn't he choose to protect Khuutra if he was pro-town and actually is a bus driver?   He's trying to take credit for helping the town by protecting stefl, but Khuutra's post-mortem post makes it clear that Khuutra had, in fact, wanted to kill Final-Fan ("I got you [Final-Fan]!"). This completely contradicts stefl's claim that F-F's death was the unintended result of sabby's actions!

Sabby's other claimed decisions also don't add up.   On Day Two he chose to protect hatmoza?  Again, why?  Hatmoza barely played that day, so I don't see why you could logically consider him to be a particularly big target.  By contrast, several other players had made themselves more obvious targets, such as theRepublic, and we were all convinced that stefl was the cop.  So why would a pro-town Bus Driver, who had previously "protected" stefl, suddenly change his action to someone else?  It's like confessing that he wanted stefl to die! 

His alleged Day Three actions are also questionable.  Not only did he continue to not protect stefl, but he targeted two people who, by his own admission, he both suspected.   Where is the logic in this?  He feared that a bad guy might get targeted, so he swapped him for another bad guy?  Bull.

I'd also like to add that sabby is acting very, very differently than he did in the last game he played.  In the previous game, he was pro-town, and he aggressively pursued people who he thought were mafia: he stayed on Final-Fan's nuts throughout that game, evidence-to-the-contrary be damned.  And yet here he's very much been keeping a low profile, like he's making a point of not making any waves.  His biggest contribution to Day One was to try to end the day; I'm hard pressed to think of what else he's added to help us.  And I'm sure I'm not the only person who briefly forgot at some point that he was even playing.

To summarize: every one of the night actions sabby's claimed to have taken are complete BS, and his day actions are a complete 180 of how he performed when he was pro-town. 

Vote: sabby

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

I don't think Nikells is cleared. What Stefl said is that he didn't get any information. 

If he was townie then it would be like dsister where Stefl just strait up said dsister was pro-town. 

True, hence my question whether he thought he was role-blocked or not.  But I think the differences in stefl's statements come more from the fact that stefl's role-claimed now, whereas he tried to only hint at his role when he cleared dsister.  Stefl, please correct me if I'm wrong.

noname2200 said:  

He's trying to take credit for helping the town by protecting stefl, but Khuutra's post-mortem post makes it clear that Khuutra had, in fact, wanted to kill Final-Fan ("I got you [Final-Fan]!"). This completely contradicts stefl's claim that F-F's death was the unintended result of sabby's actions!

Vote: sabby

Holy crap. I totally forgot about khuutra's comment. 

That's the most damning evidence I've seen in a while, actually. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Well that absolutely sucked as far as nights go.
I was honestly preparing for Supermario to be, at the worst, a bomb or a jester or something: why on earth was he even suggesting that could be the case instead of just defending himself?

And to top it off; now I've no idea who we should lynch next.

Noname makes a very compelling case against Sabby (who I initially didn't suspect up until reading it) however I'm not sure if we can trust Noname. Can we really trust anything Khuutra knowingly said? Why would he give us helpful information about who he targeted like that?

j0 remains completely unreadable: is he actually being a helpful townie or just acting like one?

I've suspected Vetteman for the entire game but he hasn't been nearly as suspicious the last few days.

I'm not even sure if we can trust Stefl: after turning up the one Mafia member he's suddenly producing no results at all? Just an unlucky co-incidence? What exactly did you get on me last night? I don't have any kind of power that would interrupt an investigation.

And then there's me: I've also unintentionally acted suspiciously during certain parts of the game and wouldn't blame people for lynching me.

I've read what noname has posted and I will reply to it. But right now I have to go but I will be back within 6 hours.

Around the Network

noname2200 said:

The decisions he's claimed simply do not add up.  On Night One he switched Final-Fan and stefl?  Why?  We didn't know until Day Two that stefl had a useful power, so it couldn't have been to protect stefl.  He suspected Final-Fan?  No, because Final-Fan wasn't acting particularly suspiciously that day: his death was fortunate, but neither he nor Khuutra gave themselves away before their deaths.  And why wouldn't he choose to protect Khuutra if he was pro-town and actually is a bus driver?   He's trying to take credit for helping the town by protecting stefl, but Khuutra's post-mortem post makes it clear that Khuutra had, in fact, wanted to kill Final-Fan ("I got you [Final-Fan]!"). This completely contradicts stefl's claim that F-F's death was the unintended result of sabby's actions!

Sabby's other claimed decisions also don't add up.   On Day Two he chose to protect hatmoza?  Again, why?  Hatmoza barely played that day, so I don't see why you could logically consider him to be a particularly big target.  By contrast, several other players had made themselves more obvious targets, such as theRepublic, and we were all convinced that stefl was the cop.  So why would a pro-town Bus Driver, who had previously "protected" stefl, suddenly change his action to someone else?  It's like confessing that he wanted stefl to die! 

@ bolded

Sorry if I am wrong but when did I claim f-f's dead was an unintended result of sabby's actions...? He said that himself but I never took actions confirming or neglecting anything sabby said... If I misunderstood something then I am sorry...

Now to noname's question: I pretty much think that Nikells post hinted he made a night action... so maybe I was roleblocked...

@ Nikells: I do not know why I wasn't able to get any result from you, but looking at Hephaestos role (he was a double voter) it explains why I was not able to find out any night action he made... I don't think you have any ability blocking me, but it could be that you did not take any night action, are not able to make any night actions or you were busdrivered (maybe by Sabby)  or I got roleblocked.

Now to my own opinion... what noname said about sabby sounded pretty convincing. But like Nikells said why should we trust anything a confirmed mafia said. Again I am torn appart for various reason to believe or not to believe that sabby is guilty. By no means I think he is cleared, but I just refuse voting him hastily...

Now to sabby night actions: If I was a mafia bus driver and I wanted to kill somebody who is likely to be protected, I would use my busdriver ability to target that person and switch it with the one the kill is aimed at.  So by busdriving me he would have made it easier to kill me, thats why I pretty much believe a bus driver staying away from persons likely to be protected is better... he might have killed me by busdriving me... But I really think his first night action seems not plausible... it would be very usefull to know if there is a roleblocker out there, because then we would know if I was roleblocked and/or if sabby was roleblocked on night one...

I just wanted to point out some weak points with the theory, that by not targeting me sabby did something bad to the town. I still believe he is likely to be mafia.

My gut feeling still tells me that silver-tiger is the most suspicious person out there, but at such a late day with so much hints on a possible mafia I don't think it would be wise to vote by gut.

EDIT: made nonames post italic, because the quotebox was somehow erased

Nikells said:

Can we really trust anything Khuutra knowingly said? Why would he give us helpful information about who he targeted like that?

At the time, Khuutra seemed exuberant that he took down his target in spite of dying, which seems like a natural reaction.  Moreover, it's not only easy to think at the time that that information wouldn't be particularly helpful to the town (he'd have to foresee it mattering down the line), but we'd also have to assume that Khuutra would continue to play the game after his death: does that strike you as the type of thing Khuutra would do?  Because I don't see him being dishonorable enough to play like that.  Everything indicates that Khuutra's statement was reliable.

sabby_e17 said:

I've read what noname has posted and I will reply to it. But right now I have to go but I will be back within 6 hours.

Another hit-and-run?  Not to beat the drum too much, but in addition to everything else I've pointed out, you've done this "I will do X later" "Alright guys here's X" stuff already during this game.  Buying yourself time to think?  Because it really wouldn't take that much more time to type "I thought X at Y time" than to type what you did.

Stefl1504 said:

Sorry if I am wrong but when did I claim f-f's dead was an unintended result of sabby's actions...? He said that himself but I never took actions confirming or neglecting anything sabby said... If I misunderstood something then I am sorry...

Now to noname's question: I pretty much think that Nikells post hinted he made a night action... so maybe I was roleblocked...

Sorry, the mistake was mine; I should have said "sabby" for that portion.  You S people are messing me up!

And it does appear from Nikells' post that you were roleblocked.  I'm inclined to believe that Nikkels isn't mafia, or else he would have just kept his mouth shut about having a night action after you'd cleared him,but I guess we can't clear him just yet after all.

umh, a death post being used as evidence.... us zombies should really not come out of the grave too much^^

/closes coffin

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Stefl1504 said:

My gut feeling still tells me that silver-tiger is the most suspicious person out there, but at such a late day with so much hints on a possible mafia I don't think it would be wise to vote by gut.

Can I do anything to change your gut feeling?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

Stefl1504 said:

Can I do anything to change your gut feeling?

Sadly I think you can't... But right now I won't suspect you any further because I don't have any real clues...