By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "MGS: Peace Walker sells 52k in its first month" - NPD

Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
siavm said:

Japan doesn't count the psn sales and it is almost at a mil in japan. 

No it isn't, it's 728k sold so far.

yeah but it doesn't count PSN sales

Yeah, and he already said that.

and you blankly ignored it

so i reminded you again

how do you know its 728k with PSN,OH YOU DON'T

and even without its 758K NOW

You should re-read what siavm posted. It's you who misunderstood, not jarrod.

If it's still not clear to you, DirtyP2002 explained it nicely below.

DirtyP2002 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
siavm said:

1st guy: Almost a million without PSN!
2nd guy: No dude, you are wrong, only 730k.
3rd guy: But without PSN!

You can't wirte such awesome conversations. Only possible on the internet.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

A good guess for bundles would probably be ~30k territory.  That accounts for most of the weekly bump PSP saw in sales this month, though not all of it since this month had several big PSP sales ($150 Go or $125 3k at DELL among them).

No clue on PSN, but I'd imagine if sales there were significant (for, well, *anything*), we'd know about by now...

That's a bad guess, we barely hear anything about any digital download sales numbers about anything on any platform. What we got from PSN? 1 million minis - with no breakdown per title, 100k for FFVII in one week - with no regional breakdown, 20k for Burnout Paradise in 2 weeks - with no regional breakdown, anything else? What did we get on XBL? 1 billion profit - with no breakdown on sales of games, I believe we got numbers for GTA Stories, but no breakdown between download and disc. Not even apple releases numbers. 

It sucks.

Atlus said Persona PSP sold 10k digitally in Japan (compared to 120k retail)... and that was supposedly good for the platform.

Yikes, that's bad. Imagine the internets had this been a Wii game perform this badly.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

RolStoppable said:
Jo21 said:
noname2200 said:

First Chinatown Wars, now Metal Gear 5.  PSP can't sell mature games confirmed.

or rather any "smart" gamer have it psp hacked :p

"Smart", because they know the games aren't worth paying for?

"Smart", because they know Kojima will never really quit the business unless they force him to.

Wow, what horrendous sales. Is this worse than Portable Ops or even Ac!d? If MGS5 is selling this bad then the PSP market is in even worse shape than I thought. I'm really wondering what SE is hoping to accomplish with The 3rd Birthday considering that Parasite Eve isn't as popular.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Boutros said:
RolStoppable said:
Jo21 said:
noname2200 said:

First Chinatown Wars, now Metal Gear 5.  PSP can't sell mature games confirmed.

or rather any "smart" gamer have it psp hacked :p

"Smart", because they know the games aren't worth paying for?

"Smart" because it takes 10 minutes to hack a PSP.

Only thing easier is a DS.

jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
siavm said:

Yeah, and he already said that.

and you blankly ignored it

so i reminded you again

how do you know its 728k with PSN,OH YOU DON'T

and even without its 758K NOW

I wasn't ignoring anything.  I corrected his figure that's it.  

And it's 728k according to Famitsu.  Stop freaking out and being so defensive.

Hm.  I thought Famitsu included Digital Download sales.  Or have since like April.  It's either them or Mediacreate that started trackign Digitial downloads.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
twistedcellz said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
twistedcellz said:

why cant they just release as PSN game, I would love to be able to play the game on my ps3 with a Dualshock

yeah  right and why would they do that?

they have a porttable to support,if they just wanted sales then why even make a PSP game

cuz Konami doesnt have to support the psp,thats why(sony doesnt make MGS)

BUT sony wants to support it and Konami has good relatiosn with them so they help eachother

Anyway I was just sayin that bcuz there was a rumor about it

let me give u a link:http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179115

we all know those rumours and way before its release but unserstand that if people had it on PS3 then how would it benefit the PSP

well Solid_Snake4RD u think that way cuz u got a psp but think about MGS fans that doesnt own a psp we cant benefit the game so its even worse (Im thinkin about buyin one for this game and Parasite Eve 3 but Im not a big fan of playin big games on handheld)

Thats why I think the game should be a ps3 dlc too, just like PE3 should've been made for a home console.

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Incoming PS3 port? Yes please =D

jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

A good guess for bundles would probably be ~30k territory.  That accounts for most of the weekly bump PSP saw in sales this month, though not all of it since this month had several big PSP sales ($150 Go or $125 3k at DELL among them).

No clue on PSN, but I'd imagine if sales there were significant (for, well, *anything*), we'd know about by now...

That's a bad guess, we barely hear anything about any digital download sales numbers about anything on any platform. What we got from PSN? 1 million minis - with no breakdown per title, 100k for FFVII in one week - with no regional breakdown, 20k for Burnout Paradise in 2 weeks - with no regional breakdown, anything else? What did we get on XBL? 1 billion profit - with no breakdown on sales of games, I believe we got numbers for GTA Stories, but no breakdown between download and disc. Not even apple releases numbers. 

It sucks.

Atlus said Persona PSP sold 10k digitally in Japan (compared to 120k retail)... and that was supposedly good for the platform.

I'm pretty sure they never mentioned it was good for the platform, you're adding your personal opinion there. I do think it's good though considering Persona remake sold like 100k in Japan, Japan is not as download friendly as we are in the west and it was supposedly not that good of a game to begin with. My point still stands.