By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite quote from a video game?

Carl2291 said:

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

"A woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can’t chuck wood."

"But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?"

"Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?"

"A woodchuck should chuck wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood."

"Oh shut up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkiCYT6tGH4

I'm currently playing the Special Edition of one of my most favorite games ever on PC and PSN.

Around the Network

Also, "You humans are all racist!"

Guess where that's from

"My people... Sons and Daughters of Helghan. This much I vow: The history of these days will be written in blood. By crushing the armies of our enemy, by seizing the weapons they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very existence. But if there are those who would deny us peace; refuse us our rightful place in the universe, then we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish![...]The enemy may shatter our bodies, but they cannot break our spirit. Even now they advance on our home world, to seize by force what they cannot claim by right. They cannot imagine what awaits them. WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities... they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast."

kill the fat one first!!

Herbie95 said:

"You don't fuck FontaineFontaine fucks you!" ―Splicer, Bioshock

Hehe, that one's memorable too!

About "fuck" words, there's another one in Bionic Commando where if you die during the worm boss, Super Joe will say "You'll just have to fuck it" instead of "You'll just have to destroy it." Made me go "Uuuugghhhh..." along with Spencer in the game, haha!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Jao: My name is Jao...

Mao: My name is Mao...

Jao: It is our mission...

Mao: .. to collect 1000 swords

Jao : So, you must pick one...

Mao: ...of two choices

Jao: Surrender, and give up your weapons...

Mao: ... or die, and we take your weapons

Jao: It's up to you...

Mao:... To decide your fate

-Skies of Arcadia-

Do you sleep still? Wait! Do not be so hasty, boy... I can see this girl's dreams... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the King of Hyrule say?... That the gods sealed Hyrule away? And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule? How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool...

What they can possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you... Your gods destroyed you!

I have been waiting for you, boy. For one like you... Yes... For the hero.

Do not betray my expectations.

-Ganondorf

"..." guess!

my second favorite videogame of all time :D

oh shit, I just made you not guess.

Okay you guys I'm all right with making us guess the source AS LONG AS you come back later and fill us in if nobody's guessed it.  And by "later" I mean like 24 hours. 

"What is a man?  A miserable little pile of secrets!"

- Dracula in Castlevania:  Symphony of the Night -- apparently taken from Andre Malraux

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

With the risk of sounding trite... From Superstar Saga...

But... Now that I am thinking... Cackletta's revival was all thanks to my quite nasty efforts!

Which means that all this time, I am Fawful, who is just a toady! Such working, all for others!

And THAT means... The true meaning of our battle gives me fear and confusion!!

If there was ever a more... sublime... expression of existential angst in context of a long-winded deconstruction of the tropes typically associated with this kind of character archetype in a video game, I have yet to see it.

I need no long speech before this battle, which will now be mighty! Snack on my wrath, fink-rats!

And there is the punch line (note; technically, it is the same quote).