By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

Khuutra said:
Demotruk said:

Ouch. America is the most important market of course, though.

My hopes aren't up. You mentioned before that if this fails commercially then it comes down to the game, and that's true: it's had better advertising support than any other Metroid I can think of.

Ahem, Corruption had a hell of a lot, from TV spots aplenty and even it's own channel to promote the release.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Khuutra said:
Demotruk said:

My hopes aren't up. You mentioned before that if this fails commercially then it comes down to the game, and that's true: it's had better advertising support than any other Metroid I can think of.

Ahem, Corruption had a hell of a lot, from TV spots aplenty and even it's own channel to promote the release.

That takes away not at all from what I'm saying. Other M's push is heavier, wider, and more far-reaching. The only advantage Corruption had was its own channel on the Wii, which doesn't amount to much in terms of exposure as compared to the kind of prime time commercials Other M had on so many channels.

Well I got the copy from my friend today......starting now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Khuutra said:
Demotruk said:

In UK this has probably been the most heavily marketed Metroid game.....lots of commercials were on

And they were good commercials actually.

Khuutra said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Khuutra said:
Demotruk said:

That takes away not at all from what I'm saying. Other M's push is heavier, wider, and more far-reaching. The only advantage Corruption had was its own channel on the Wii, which doesn't amount to much in terms of exposure as compared to the kind of prime time commercials Other M had on so many channels.

Uh... at the time of Corruptions release the commercials were everywhere as well, just it was also mixed in with just pure Wii commercials going "Wii would like to play" so yeah it does take away I've seen the Other M commercials at similar time slots and on similar channels as I did for Corruption, both of our claims are just as hollow until some solid marketing numbers are found, but at this moment I'm in the feeling it's marketed just as well.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Khuutra said:

Uh... at the time of Corruptions release the commercials were everywhere as well, just it was also mixed in with just pure Wii commercials going "Wii would like to play" so yeah it does take away I've seen the Other M commercials at similar time slots and on similar channels as I did for Corruption, both of our claims are just as hollow until some solid marketing numbers are found, but at this moment I'm in the feeling it's marketed just as well.

I'm not goign to argue the point with you.

The original point remains that if this games crashes, it will be due to the game itself and not due to a lack of support from Nintendo.

Khuutra said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Khuutra said:

The original point remains that if this games crashes, it will be due to the game itself and not due to a lack of support from Nintendo.

This is true and not a point I would debate

Khuutra said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Khuutra said:

Your saying that because you didn't like the game though.

What if it crashes but not due to the game?

darthdevidem01 said:
Khuutra said:

Your saying that because you didn't like the game though.

What if it crashes but not due to the game?

I invite you to offer an explanation that is not "the game is not a game tat connsumers want to buy".

Khuutra said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Khuutra said:

You are not in a position to speak for anyone but yourself; appeals to majority opinion are useless, here.

Speaking is not necessary for characterization.

You are wrong.

1.Then explain to me why the techinque of finding your own story is barely used? Is it not logical to say that most gamers don't like it. Can't we conclude that? 

Big entertainment sells, not? If this type of play doesn't sell much, is it then a lesser form of entertainment? 

2. Character interaction is. Smaus must relate to something. Hell, it could even be the ship, or some metroid-baby. And speaking helps a lot with that.

3. Am i? Why?

1. No. Lack of usage by producers does not indicate lack of enthusiasm by consumers.

2. Metroid Prime is the best-selling Metroid game and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. Other M will not be off to a strong enough start to even approac it. If this is your only metric, then clearly Prime's storytelling is superior.

3. Samus did react in the end of Prime, and react to several things throughout that game and the rest of the Prime games (and the earlier games, no less). Speaking was not necessary.

4. You are consistently wrong about what constitutes storytelling, characterization, and character development.

1. 1.5 million sales of Corruption on a biggest 'Nintendo' install base (ever). A lack of enthousiasme there ? - Prime did almost 1.3 million more. 

2. It sold that much because most people thought it played like a real shooter. They were wrong, and regretted the sale. Why do you think the sales of echoes were one and a half million less?  The install base had even grown a bit.

3. Characterization depends on social interaction. Relations. Social gestures with some words attached to it. You don't need Shakespeare, but some talking is part of it. The faceless masterchief  has more character in Halo 3, than the whole Prime series. And he doesn't even have a known face.

4. I do know storytelling, and putting together you own from scattered bits is no real story. It's a barely more then a premise. I say again: Prime (series) is irrelevant to Samus character because it doesn't say anything new about her. It's not non-cannon... it's irrelevant-cannon. Face it. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.