By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

Really enjoying what I've played so far it's pretty bad ass, I got a good sense of what they were conveying with the early cutscenes I mean its good story telling just done in a weird way that actually works for the series to really hold true, not once has Samus talked directly, its all narration from her end and you hear the voices of the guys in the team, that's it.  So it makes sense that with a narration talking about her past it would be a different tone than that of the characters in the progressing story since the excitement is over and done with. 

Just an odd way to do it, its like watching a movie and the main character never speaks unless its in thought or reminiscing about the past while everyone else just talked, I think this is a big part of the reason the first couple of hours throws people for a loop story wise.  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Rage has subsided considerably.

Having a lot of fun. No telling how far I'll get today.

The storytelling is still pretty pooey, though. The only really great cutscene is Samus waking up in the Super Metroid flashback (BABY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) and even that would have been improved by a lack of Samus narrating.

Part of me wonders if Sakamoto has any idea how much power there can be in silence. But then, yes, I know he knows, Other M has silent moments of power. But there's still all this talking.

RaptorGTA said:

cut scenes are pretty long..at first..but so far..damn this is a great game..some issues here and there...but the boss battles are nuts. Love the FPS mode. anyone havin issues tho with their disc reading?

Well, it is dual-layered, so my launch Wii had a couple of issues loading it up. I remember when the same thing happened for Brawl (my friends' Wii actually had to be repaired) and Metroid Prime Trilogy. There's just something about those dual-layered discs that some Wiis just don't like.

ONM's review is up on their site: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=19617

They gave it 91% and I'll  post their conclusion below:

It's not quite up there with Prime but this is a great action game with a sensational storyline.
  Gripping storyline
  Combat is great fun
  Classic Metroid feel
  Incredibly fast-paced
  Terrible scanning sections

I will admit that the story - and the storytelling - improved a lot in the Cryosphere. We've moved away from Kojima to something more like Metroid Fusion, which isn't perfect but is completely tolerable.

My kneejerk reaction was off. I can admit that. Now I'm enjoying myself.

Combat and boss fights continue to improve, and there are a lot of boss fights.

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:

ONM's review is up on their site: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=19617

They gave it 91% and I'll  post their conclusion below:

It's not quite up there with Prime but this is a great action game with a sensational storyline.
  Gripping storyline
  Combat is great fun
  Classic Metroid feel
  Incredibly fast-paced
  Terrible scanning sections

I'm stuck on my parents' PC right now since my laptop is packed for a move, so i won't be able to edit that in until later tonight, but thanks. Should help float the metascore a little...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I've played for about an hour and a half to 2 hours and am enjoying it just as much as I thought I would. Like in my last post I said I was only a small fan of the Metroid franchise, so I really didn't have an image of the Samus' character or have a certain way that I thought Metroid games should play. So far it is just a fun game with great visuals, and I'm definitely glad I picked up. I think the controls work great, especially the Dpad movementwhich is surprisingly intuitive to me. 1st person takes a little time to get use to, the only thing I don't like as others have mentioned is the forced 1st person scanning sections.

Some people are finding a game breaking glitch in the game. If you run into a red door that is un-passable, which actually should be unlocked because the game says it is.

Then you basically have to start over -.-

Wagram said:

Some people are finding a game breaking glitch in the game. If you run into a red door that is un-passable, which actually should be unlocked because the game says it is.

Which part is that in?

-PaNdOrA- said:
Wagram said:

Which part is that in?

Not sure exactly. I was playing VC II while a friend of mine hit it. He looked it up on the net and there were others saying they got it.