By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY outlines the NA launch of Playstation Move

The Three PlayStation Move Packages Made For North America

By Spencer . July 14, 2010 . 2:50pm

At launch, Sony plans on selling PlayStation Move in three ways. For people that bought Eye of Judgment or a PlayStation Eye there is a standalone PlayStation Move controller for $49.99. Current PlayStation 3 owners can grab a blue starter kit box with Sports Champions, a PlayStation Eye, one PlayStation Move, and a demo disc for $99.99.

Sony also has a hardware bundle with a Dualshock 3 controller, Sports Champions, demo disc, the wand, and a PlayStation Eye for $399.99. No package, so far, comes with the Navigation Controller. That’s a separate $29.99 purchase.

Japan has a different set of bundles and, believe it or not, cheaper hardware prices. Importers can grab a Beat Sketchers bundle or a Time Crisis: Raizing Storm package with a shooting attachment.

Around the Network

It is completely retarded not to include the Navigator in any of the buddles

i think its compeletly retarded that they're releasing this game instead of Time Crisis in the west. but retarded is sony's middle name

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Xxain said:

why? it's not necessary....

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

I'm guessing Time Crisis is more or less considered a "dead" IP in NA based upon the general reception of Time Crisis 4, hence the absence of a Move/Time Crisis NA market bundle. 

I'm saying this as someone who actually enjoyed most of Namco's lightgun based games (including several iterations of Time Crisis) and bought TC4 shortly after release as a title I was looking forward to playing on the PS3. I was a little bit upset that Namco essentially ended support of the GunCon 3 after the game was released.

I'm among those who are a little bit peeved by the lack of any bundles including the Nav Controller, which tells me that either the add on really is superfluous with the $30 better spent towards another Move Controller, or that it's supposed to be a "stealthy" hidden cost of Move if most games are crippled without one.

Around the Network

Functionality of Navigator can be replaced by Dualshock 3 if people want to save money, they want to make the bundle $99.99, with casual loved Sports title included, to compete with Kinect rumored $149.99 price without game. 

I am waiting for Harmonix to release Dance Central on Move as they promised, so Kinect will lose their only exclusive gem (Best E3 Game if you believe Kotaku), which left them with junks like freaky tigers Kinectimals.

tingyu said:

Functionality of Navigator can be replaced by Dualshock 3 if people want to save money, they want to make the bundle $99.99, with casual loved Sports title included, to compete with Kinect rumored $149.99 price without game. 

I am waiting for Harmonix to release Dance Central on Move as they promised, so Kinect will lose their only exclusive gem (Best E3 Game if you believe Kotaku), which left them with junks like freaky tigers Kinectimals.

I know that the DS3 can stand in for the Nav Controller. I think just about anyone who's read anything about Move should know that, even though a lot of the Move detractors who just want to focus in on price (you have to buy 8 Move Controllers, a PSEye and 4 Nav Controllers! Move costs $560!) will insist that it's a required cost of Move because using a DS3 with your left hand is "too awkward", "looks retarded,"  or is "too tiring to hold."

I'm thinking that the main reason the Nav Controller was even created was the quell the above complaints, which quickly changed to "you have to buy 4 for a complete set! That's an extra $120!"

I probably won't be buying one unless I end up buying a bunch of Move games and it really is that much more comfortable to use.

As for Dance Central, that was the ONE game MS showcased during E3 for Kinect that I thought complemented the dance rhythm genre so perfectly that all other dance game interfaces simply don't measure up.

This could be a good idea not including the navigation controller. Chances are if someone pays $100 for the bundle and enjoys it, they'll probably be willing to pay another $30 for the nav controller. And if they can't afford it, the consumer will be able to use their DS3 until they can get the money. Then, if their satisfied, they'll probably buy the nav.

A demo disc? For $100 you can't even throw in a full game that probably isn't that good in the first place. What the hell is wrong with Sony?

Edit: Read that wrong. I am a huge ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Xxain said:

If they put a navi in ALL of these bundles they will boooom.

The only one you might need to change the price of is the Wand (put in a Navi) and raise it to $59.99