By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY outlines the NA launch of Playstation Move

tingyu said:

Functionality of Navigator can be replaced by Dualshock 3 if people want to save money, they want to make the bundle $99.99, with casual loved Sports title included, to compete with Kinect rumored $149.99 price without game. 

I am waiting for Harmonix to release Dance Central on Move as they promised, so Kinect will lose their only exclusive gem (Best E3 Game if you believe Kotaku), which left them with junks like freaky tigers Kinectimals.

Common sense says they will bundle a game ....

Do you honestly think Dance Central on Move will be anything like it is on Kinect? .. no it won't. DC on PSMove will be Just Dance on Wii ... it's the same gameplay.

With Kinect you use you're entire body to dance, DC being on move won't take away anything from the 360 version or it's selling power, the move version won't be advertised like the Kinect version.

Being able to dance with your entire body is what HAS people excited ...

Around the Network
Seece said:
tingyu said:

Functionality of Navigator can be replaced by Dualshock 3 if people want to save money, they want to make the bundle $99.99, with casual loved Sports title included, to compete with Kinect rumored $149.99 price without game. 

I am waiting for Harmonix to release Dance Central on Move as they promised, so Kinect will lose their only exclusive gem (Best E3 Game if you believe Kotaku), which left them with junks like freaky tigers Kinectimals.

Do you honestly think Dance Central on Move will be anything like it is on Kinect? .. no it won't. DC on PSMove will be Just Dance on Wii ... it's the same gameplay.

With Kinect you use you're entire body to dance, DC being on move won't take away anything from the 360 version or it's selling power, the move version won't be advertised like the Kinect version.

Not that I'm interested in any of this motion sensing hoopla that Sony and MS are getting themselves into, but you do know that the PS Eye also detects people and not just the wand. I think it was IGN that said that when they were playing with eye pet for the move or w/e, they said that the weird animal looking thing also reacted to their hand, not just the wand. Because of this I think they can make DC similar to that of the Kinect version.

SnakeEyez said:
Seece said:
tingyu said:

Not that I'm interested in any of this motion sensing hoopla that Sony and MS are getting themselves into, but you do know that the PS Eye also detects people and not just the wand. I think it was IGN that said that when they were playing with eye pet for the move or w/e, they said that the weird animal looking thing also reacted to their hand, not just the wand. Because of this I think they can make DC similar to that of the Kinect version.

Yeah but EYE is 2D while Kinect is 3D. The EYE can't detect depth, it can only tell how far left or right you are. So it'll be different.

Jay520 said:
SnakeEyez said:
Seece said:
tingyu said:

Yeah but EYE is 2D while Kinect is 3D. The EYE can't detect depth, it can only tell how far left or right you are. So it'll be different.

Really? oh, well thats....lame

Jay520 said:
SnakeEyez said:
Seece said:
tingyu said:

Dance Central doesn't have you dance forward and backward, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, Dance Central, Zumba Fitness, Dance Masters, all the Kinect dance games are only 2 players, and Just Dance 1 and 2 are both 4 players.  And the whole point of dance games is to party with big groups and dance all over the place.

It's not that big a deal though, as with both games a bunch of friends can just boogie down for fun.  You don't need a high score to have fun.  I saw 5 or 6 people dancing to Dance Central at once, and seriously... I saw over 30 people dancing to one game of Just Dance 2 at once.

What Just Dance 2 really has going for it (other than the 4 player mode) is the 2 player choreography.  The choreography for each player is different, and it's just more hilarious because you're facing each other and dancing at each other instead of just at the screen.  What Dance Central really has going for it is the song selection, the presentation, and the training mode that breaks down each individual dance move before you do the whole routine.  But Just Dance 2 doesn't require any new peripherals, so it WILL blow Dance Central out of the water sales-wise.  Both games kick ass though.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Jay520 said:

Dance Central doesn't have you dance forward and backward, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, Dance Central, Zumba Fitness, Dance Masters, all the Kinect dance games are only 2 players, and Just Dance 1 and 2 are both 4 players.  And the whole point of dance games is to party with big groups and dance all over the place.

It's not that big a deal though, as with both games a bunch of friends can just boogie down for fun.  You don't need a high score to have fun.  I saw 5 or 6 people dancing to Dance Central at once, and seriously... I saw over 30 people dancing to one game of Just Dance 2 at once.

What Just Dance 2 really has going for it (other than the 4 player mode) is the 2 player choreography.  The choreography for each player is different, and it's just more hilarious because you're facing each other and dancing at each other instead of just at the screen.  What Dance Central really has going for it is the song selection, the presentation, and the training mode that breaks down each individual dance move before you do the whole routine.  But Just Dance 2 doesn't require any new peripherals, so it WILL blow Dance Central out of the water sales-wise.  Both games kick ass though.

But what about when you have to put your right leg forward, or do one of those elbow thrusts (whatever they're called) that they showed at E3. 

"What Dance Central really has going for it is the song selection, the presentation, and the training mode that breaks down each individual dance move before you do the whole routine."

You missed the fact that it's full body tracking ...

Seece said:

"What Dance Central really has going for it is the song selection, the presentation, and the training mode that breaks down each individual dance move before you do the whole routine."

You missed the fact that it's full body tracking ...

Huh?  Weird.  News to me.

Move will fail if they don't offer the sub controller with the same price point. People will not deal holding a normal controller. Try using your controller with one hand, it feels terrible and it's bEYOND stupid.

Signalstar said:

A demo disc? For $100 you can't even throw in a full game that probably isn't that good in the first place. What the hell is wrong with Sony?

Edit: Read that wrong. I am a huge ass.

lol and then nintendo throw wii sports and charges 50$ for a bundle of a few mini games.