By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Analyst: Microsoft could get $1 billion from Xbox Kinect

ramses01 said:
Metallicube said:

Judging from that pitiful excuse for a launch lineup, I seriously doubt it.

Now this is just trolling.  There are at least 2 system sellers in the launch lineup.  The fitness game and Dance Central both appear to be strong system sellers to certain demographics.

And yet these games look exactly like Wii Fit and Just Dance, except worse quality. In fact, ALL the Kinect games look reminiscent of the lowest tier of Wii 3rd party shovelware. These games are an insult to the intelligence of the "casual" gamers. MS seems to think that just because these people don't game as much, that they'll except worse quality, which is just not the case.

I thought that this thing might have had some potential, but now I am convinced that it will be the next 32x. MS has shown they just don't care enough about it, or about the expanded audience, with their launch lineup.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

And yet these games look exactly like Wii Fit and Just Dance, except worse quality. In fact, ALL the Kinect games look reminiscent of the lowest tier of Wii 3rd party shovelware. These games are an insult to the intelligence of the "casual" gamers. MS seems to think that just because these people don't game as much, that they'll except worse quality, which is just not the case.

I thought that this thing might have had some potential, but now I am convinced that it will be the next 32x. MS has shown they just don't care enough about it, or about the expanded audience, with their launch lineup.

You think Your Shape looks worse in quality than Wii Fit?  Wow.

JaggedSac said:
Metallicube said:

You think Your Shape looks worse in quality than Wii Fit?  Wow.

It looks like a snooze fest. Where are the actual GAMES for the game? All I've seen is stupid stretching and aerobics. At least Wii Fit had actual mini games to mix things up and make it fun. I guess this game might have those but I have not seen them.

Lest we forget, Ubisoft already made a Your Shape game for Wii, and it's recieved 6s and 7s.

Metallicube said:
ramses01 said:
Metallicube said:

Now this is just trolling.  There are at least 2 system sellers in the launch lineup.  The fitness game and Dance Central both appear to be strong system sellers to certain demographics.

@bolded - So there is a higher tier of wii shovelware games..lol thats news

Analysts again. This will just make us Xbox fans look stupid when Kinect fails to meet these ridiculous predictions.

I know that it's not us fans that are expecting crazy numbers like this but I'm afraid the Sony fans will feed us with crow anyway.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Buzzi said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Buzzi said:

Why 25% of Xbox 360 owners should buy Kinect? Is there a game (or more) which will move 9 million people to spend 150$? Wii Motion Plus without Wii Sports Resort probably wouldn't have sold 20m by now, and that is a bit over 25% of Wii owners. Plus we all know many Xbox sales are because of RRoD problems, so probably moving 5 million units to already existing customers would be already enough with the line up Kinect looks to have (party games, sports games, fitness games, few racing games).

There are 15 games az launch. Niot one game will sell hardware, a library of games will.

And the bolded part is just trolling.

After I wrote that I thought someone would take it as trolling :)

I just wanted to point out that the effective Xbox number is under 40m.

Anyway, that library of 15 games will sell 9m Kinects? I would agree if they covered all genres, like Microsoft said last year. Really, they only cover the casual genres, plus some of them are extremely similar to some wii games. I can't see them selling Kinects, maybe the opposite happens though: people will buy Kinect because is something new and so they'll buy software with it, no matter the type of game.

The balance board supports only a handful of games and look what happened.

its targeting people with obesity problems... u know the usa and uk have over 80%, and it promises to loose weight by having fun.... it maybe a lie but it's selling!

Jo21 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Buzzi said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Buzzi said:

Why 25% of Xbox 360 owners should buy Kinect? Is there a game (or more) which will move 9 million people to spend 150$? Wii Motion Plus without Wii Sports Resort probably wouldn't have sold 20m by now, and that is a bit over 25% of Wii owners. Plus we all know many Xbox sales are because of RRoD problems, so probably moving 5 million units to already existing customers would be already enough with the line up Kinect looks to have (party games, sports games, fitness games, few racing games).

There are 15 games az launch. Niot one game will sell hardware, a library of games will.

Anyway, that library of 15 games will sell 9m Kinects? I would agree if they covered all genres, like Microsoft said last year. Really, they only cover the casual genres, plus some of them are extremely similar to some wii games. I can't see them selling Kinects, maybe the opposite happens though: people will buy Kinect because is something new and so they'll buy software with it, no matter the type of game.

its targeting people with obesity problems... u know the usa and uk have over 80%, and it promises to loose weight by having fun.... it maybe a lie but it's selling!

Its definitely not that high.

ImJustBayuum said:
Metallicube said:
ramses01 said:
Metallicube said:

@bolded - So there is a higher tier of wii shovelware games..lol thats news

Ok, so that was a little redundant.. How about "looks reminiscent of the 3rd party Wii shovelware." Better?

Jo21 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Buzzi said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Buzzi said:

I think it's closer to 24% in the UK and 30% in the US.