By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 VS PS3 Weekly Sales Tracker

you sir are my hero!

seriously this chart is amazing! bookmarked for future usage!

Around the Network

I did a thread (probably) better than this a few weeks ago : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112661&page=1&str=298861876#

No-one was interested in it, yet this comes about and everyone loves sales? Lol weird.

But I hope this thread lives, cause I'm the kind of person who will do things when bored and then not keep updating them!

It's a bit uncool to count 360 weekly wins when the PS3 wasn't even out, and then count even more when before it was launched in EU - It's strongest territory.

If the table was more fair, it would look a lot different.

BBH said:

I did a thread (probably) better than this a few weeks ago : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112661&page=1&str=298861876#

No-one was interested in it, yet this comes about and everyone loves sales? Lol weird.

But I hope this thread lives, cause I'm the kind of person who will do things when bored and then not keep updating them!

It's a bit uncool to count 360 weekly wins when the PS3 wasn't even out, and then count even more when before it was launched in EU - It's strongest territory.

yeah this thread might become obsolete if vgc gets its graphs up again but i doubt that will ever happen or maybe will be charged for it in a premium service idk

i also did the pricing bundle history thread for all 3 consoles since launch which is pretty useful b/c you can see what caused the bumps in sales when putting it along side a graph and had asked alot of vgc users and even the thread creator of this thread to recreate it b/c i too didnt want to update it all telling me something in the lines of to much work and no ones really interested in sales for it to be recreated

while in reality it is less work to keep up the pricing history thread than it was to create this but whatever floats every ones boat

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
BBH said:

yeah this thread might become obsolete if vgc gets its graphs up again but i doubt that will ever happen or maybe will be charged for it in a premium service idk

i also did the pricing bundle history thread for all 3 consoles since launch which is pretty useful b/c you can see what caused the bumps in sales when putting it along side a graph and had asked alot of vgc users and even the thread creator of this thread to recreate it b/c i too didnt want to update it all telling me something in lines of to much work and no ones really interested in sales for it to be recreated

while in reality it is less work to keep up the pricing history thread than it was to create this but whatever floats every ones boat

It's cause everyone loves this guy Seece lol. :)

But as I say I usually take 5 month breaks from this place or else get unfairly banned so....

Btw If you see my thread I used your pricing thread to make price graphs, which tell a story. All those who say they are basically the same price talk drivel.

BBH said:

the main issue i have with this is, ps3's included sales are a huge boost when the console was released. 360's main launch date sales arent included, get over the fact EU wasnt released at the same time as US, it was only released in brazil recently-ish should we start from their instead? It's a dumb argument.

America and Japan is where it released first, 2 markets out 3 is where the tally should start from. PS3 is doing well for a higher price, 360 is doing well without boosted launch numbers.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
BBH said:

the main issue i have with this is, ps3's included sales are a huge boost when the console was released. 360's main launch date sales arent included, get over the fact EU wasnt released at the same time as US, it was only released in brazil recently-ish should we start from their instead? It's a dumb argument.

America and Japan is where it released first, 2 markets out 3 is where the tally should start from. PS3 is doing well for a higher price, 360 is doing well without boosted launch numbers.

You can't say that the 360 has outsold the PS3 for more weeks when data from periods when the PS3 wasn't even out is used. Therefore my argument is not dumb. It implies that the 360 has sold better when it hasn't.

It doesn't bother me though so I'm not going to argue.

AussieGecko said:
BBH said:

no there not ps3 launch na and jp sales sucked it was all in the news as worst console launch ever or something close to that i think there were even big supply issues with it from launch till mid 07 the problem with counting brazil is that it doesnt count for almost 50% of its total sales so dont call it a dumb argument

Play Me

BBH said:

@ bolded

LOL well  if your not cheating your not trying. =)

BHR-3 said:
AussieGecko said:
BBH said:

no there not ps3 launch na and jp sales sucked it was all in the news as worst console launch ever or something close to that i think there were even big supply issues with it from launch till mid 07 the problem with counting brazil is that it doesnt count for almost 50% of its total sales so dont call it a dumb argument

HAHA it is still a launch though, and with that launch had blind fanboys licking it up, as happened with the 360. I just think that with Japan and US having it released it should start from then, it makes sense. Remember if this didnt happen ps3 would lose a poo load of sales as well as the 360. 

360 has also had its fair share of supply issues and from all reports they are having the issue with the slim at the moment. It is nothing to discount, a company should have enough stock, that is their fault. It doesnt just miracuosly happen. Add to that I am sure that no-one would be disuaded from getting a PS3 because of low stock, if they wanted to get one they would have it by now if you are talking about ~2007 sales.

And i used brazil as an example, when 2 of the 3 databases start it needs to start counting from then. It is again the companies choice not doing a worldwide release. Not that it matters, because it was extraordinarily expensive at the start anyway. It has come down and people are buying it in their droves.

None of what you mentioned should really matter in the big scheme of things, just because it wasnt a worldwide release doesnt mean the people who wanted a PS3 (or 360 for that matter) havent got one yet if they were planning to get it when it released. Hence odd argument

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

BHR-3 said:
AussieGecko said:
BBH said:

Not in NA there weren't.  Late February at the absolute latest...