By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 VS PS3 Weekly Sales Tracker

zultar said:

Media Create did not show an increase in ps3 sales, the streak might actually continue this week.  Did the Alan Wake/Forza bundles come out in EMEAA yet?

AW/Forza bundled released on 15th, so it had 2 days sales in last weeks data, and a full week with the upcoming data (23rd) tbh though I don't expect any kind of lift from it.

Regarding EMEAA though, 360 rose 1% there last week, PS3 dropped 2%.

Around the Network

LOL look at the PS3 and Xbox numbers in Europe for this week. VGchartz has the Xbox over the PS3 by only 50 units! Has anyone every seen two consoles closer in sales in a single region ever?

Whoa, nevermind. Massive adjustments for the PS3 this week. I think its been outselling the XBOX ever since Move came out. Seece, are you going to update the streak now according to the new data? This gets me even more interested for the Kinect launch. If the Move, with its relatively small advertisment and awareness can do this much damage; I wonder what the Kinect, with 500 million in advertisement backing it up, can do. Rumour has it that 14 million camera modules for the Kinect have been ordered as of now. (Not Kinects made but modules shipped, still mighty impressive).

Ajust this!

I'll update the last few weeks, but with another turbulent season ahead of us, I won't be doing any long term adjustments until end of Jan when Q1 CY reports are out, just in case something like this happens again. That and I "have" to update the gap charts and that's a lot harder work.

Around the Network
liu777 said:

Whoa, nevermind. Massive adjustments for the PS3 this week. I think its been outselling the XBOX ever since Move came out. Seece, are you going to update the streak now according to the new data? This gets me even more interested for the Kinect launch. If the Move, with its relatively small advertisment and awareness can do this much damage; I wonder what the Kinect, with 500 million in advertisement backing it up, can do. Rumour has it that 14 million camera modules for the Kinect have been ordered as of now. (Not Kinects made but modules shipped, still mighty impressive).

Yeah.. I don't know where that adjustment came from. I'm waiting for an XBox 360 adjustment as well. VGChartz is always adjusting PS3 numbers. Kinect is going to sell a lot of bundles. Some places aren't taking anymore pre-orders. Gamestop still is though. Glad I pre-ordered mine when I did.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/kinect/?loc=homeflash1

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:
liu777 said:

Yeah.. I don't know where that adjustment came from. I'm waiting for an XBox 360 adjustment as well. VGChartz is always adjusting PS3 numbers. Kinect is going to sell a lot of bundles. Some places aren't taking anymore pre-orders. Gamestop still is though. Glad I pre-ordered mine when I did.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/kinect/?loc=homeflash1

"ioi on 10/29/10 14:30 GMT

Adjustments are in Middle-East, Asia and Africa going back about 2 years (since Sony are obviously selling more PS3s there than we are tracking) and in the last 4-5 weeks across Europe as Move boost was far greater than our data showed (ref Nintendo's recent data report). Wii and 360 adjusted slightly in EMEAA as well to match up more closely to the data shown via Nintendo's report, although adjustments are far smaller than for PS3."

don't mean to add to your work,but i thought i saw a couple of threads saying the PS3 got that 1m week back,maybe i;m wrong or its already changed,lol

Above & Beyond

PS3 kicks ass and beats the 360 again. PS3 will soon take over the 360 in sales. Xmas sales period and Gran Turismo 5 launch. PS3 will over take the 360 in 2011. 

PS3beats360 said:

PS3 kicks ass and beats the 360 again. PS3 will soon take over the 360 in sales. Xmas sales period and Gran Turismo 5 launch. PS3 will over take the 360 in 2011. 

You've been saying that since 3 years

Yes its closer than ever now.

But one thing I can never forget...if MOVE cause such a bump in EU, Kinect can do something huge too.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey