By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 VS PS3 Weekly Sales Tracker

numonex said:

XBox 360 released 50 weeks before the PS3 on 23 November 2005 in both Japan and US. PS3 was released 50 weeks later in Japan and US on 11 November 2006. 

50 weeks missing from the count. I know its cheap but a win is a win, even if its against no competition and zero sales. The PS2 sales are still being counted against the other 6th generation consoles. 

That's is just a low blow. It's PS3 vs 360 weekly, not 360 vs PS3 not released yet weekly

Around the Network

So Wii beat both HDs every single week year after year till July 31st, 2010?  Why am I surprised?.  Just never thought about it I guess.  Two PS360 weeks in a row is way past unusual.  It's gotta be a conspirathingy.

There were only 4 single week wins where it swung back immediately.  The chart shows mostly uninterrupted red and green streaks caused by price cuts and redesigns and some short stuff that is SW related.  I hope we see some back and forth this holiday for a change . 

im sure when gt5 comes it will boost the sales of the ps3

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Did the 360 get an adjustment? Gap is down to 5.1M, what the hay?

PS3's going to take over the HD weekly sales starting next week's chart.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Vexxmania said:

Did the 360 get an adjustment? Gap is down to 5.1M, what the hay?

PS3's going to take over the HD weekly sales starting next week's chart.

*sigh* current trends suggest not.

PS3 got adjusted up.

Around the Network
numonex said:
Seece said:

Updated, X360 has beaten the PS3 for 11 weeks now!

The XBox 360 should maintain this streak until Gran turismo 5 launches at the start of November. 20 straight sales wins over the PS3 is still good. PS3 once had 30 weeks over the 360 between Sept. 2009 and June 2010. 360s record streak over the PS3 is around 25 weeks. 

360 beat the Wii 15 times. PS3 beat the Wii only 7 times. The 360 has had a year's head start over the PS3 and most of the 360s wins came after the 360 Slim launch. 

Isn't this a week by week comparsion since the PS3 launched?  The year headstart shouldn't factor in unless you want to compare sales from launch, which doesn't seem like what this thread is about.

As for the Slim, didn't PS3 get it's streak on the release of it's Slim version?

Capulous said:
numonex said:
Seece said:

The XBox 360 should maintain this streak until Gran turismo 5 launches at the start of November. 20 straight sales wins over the PS3 is still good. PS3 once had 30 weeks over the 360 between Sept. 2009 and June 2010. 360s record streak over the PS3 is around 25 weeks. 

360 beat the Wii 15 times. PS3 beat the Wii only 7 times. The 360 has had a year's head start over the PS3 and most of the 360s wins came after the 360 Slim launch. 

Isn't this a week by week comparsion since the PS3 launched?  The year headstart shouldn't factor in unless you want to compare sales from launch, which doesn't seem like what this thread is about.

As for the Slim, didn't PS3 get it's streak on the release of it's Slim version?

The year headstart isn't factored, go back and look at the op again ...

No, COD MW2 helped 360 get ahead of it in Nov. Again, in the op if you bothered to check ..

Every week the 360 stays on top now will be adding to it's # 2 spot of weeks in a row. 

How much longer will the streak go?

How many weeks had to be updated seece?

Seece said:
Capulous said:
numonex said:
Seece said:

The year headstart isn't factored, go back and look at the op again ...

No, COD MW2 helped 360 get ahead of it in Nov. Again, in the op if you bothered to check ..

Well it was with the slim and the pricecut that the streak began it just was interrupted for a week, but yes the uninterrupted streak after MW2 was longer than the one before.

Heres my take on the near future:

Next few weeks are gonna be real interesting. The weekly sales indicate that the Xbox weekly lead over the PS3 has shrunk to less then 10k. Theres a very good possibility that the PS3 might be able to break the Xbox's 20 week streak. If the Xbox can maintain its shrinking lead for another week or two, Fable and Kinect will launch within a week of each other so I reckon the Xbox can will keep its streak going. If Gran Turismo launches very shortly after the Kinect (theres rumours that the delay will only be several days), theres the possibility that the GT5 sales will not match the Kinect boost. (Halo Reach's opening week boost was around 100k and i have reason to believe GT5 may have trouble boosting even that in its debut week). However if Gran Turismo 5 launches a few weeks afterwards when the Kinect boost has worn off, it will almost certainly break this current Xbox streak.