By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas (and Worldwide) up ! 3rd July

BBH said:
andremop said:
kowenicki said:
BBH said:

Historically 360 boosts have been short lived.

So we should wait and see. America/Kinect should keep the 360 ahead of the PS3 until Sony's next price cut. Basically, no chance of PS3 outselling 360 *this generation* now in my opinion.

yeah that boost in 2008 didn't last very long....  I think it was only about 10 months.

But, but, but... ok, he was owned.

*Looks at your avatar*

Life has owned you.

Deleted. -d1

Around the Network

Is this Wii's lowest week ever?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

andremop said:
BBH said:
andremop said:
kowenicki said:
BBH said:

So we should wait and see. America/Kinect should keep the 360 ahead of the PS3 until Sony's next price cut. Basically, no chance of PS3 outselling 360 *this generation* now in my opinion.

yeah that boost in 2008 didn't last very long....  I think it was only about 10 months.

But, but, but... ok, he was owned.

*Looks at your avatar*

Life has owned you.

Deleted post. -d1

I'm not going to report you because I'm not like that.

Now  look at my reply to Kowen, with graphs to back me up. I don't think I'm the one that's wrong.

Really, I come in here, state my opinion, get sarcastically called out for it, then some anime fan says I got owned, and all the time I was right...

Reach said:
Infamous said:

Okay, to the Gamestop guy posting, he's absolutely correct (back-ordered/not enough 360 S for demand, high Kinect pre-orders DESPITE no advertisment yet, launching in November, and high pricepoint according to teh internetz). All the Gamestops in my district are the same exact way. Dozens of people come in every single day asking for the slim and we have to say that they need to wait around 2-3 weeks until we have them in stock.

Yesterday we got 1/3rd of the preorder slims and I had to go down the list and call everyone to pick it up as you only have a 48 hour period to do so. One guy rushed from New Jersey because he's been having withdrawals without his 360 for 3 weeks, lol. Also almost every retailer/site is backordered, so I expect even bigger 360 numbers in America in the coming weeks. I can't speak for Walmart though, as there is none in NYC.

Not to mention the damn thing isn't even out in Europe, and this is the dry season (Summer); imagine what this is going to do in the holiday season, ESPECIALLY combined with Reach and Kinect. People, specifically fanboys it seems, seem to underestimate Kinect and the casual/female crowd, and anyone who works at a Gamestop will tell you that. Hell, ever since we got that new Kinect commercial showing on our TV at the store, people see it and automatically pre-order, or hound you with questions. Move, on the other hand, we have advertisement for (since it comes out 2 months earlier), and it's extremely less popular. Maybe it's because Sony is trying to target the "hardcore" crowd, which doesn't give two shits about motion control (my experience IRL), or maybe it's because it costs you $210 without tax to utilize Move for 2 players, not counting accessories/peripherals if you want them. Maybe it's because it's so very close to resembling a wiimote/nunchuck; I don't know. I don't care for motion controls myself, but my manager, girlfriend and some of my friends are dying to play Dance Central.

But let me not go off-topic here. All those begrudged people posting "don't worry, the numbers will go back to normal" since the first week the slim released couldn't be more wrong. I also expect bigger America numbers in the next 2 weeks (whatever week it becomes stocked at retailers).

So people are pre-ordering a thing that is months AWAY and without Ads ??? That they dont even know the price ?? or u guys are pre ordering it at 150$ ?

We have it as $150, but if MS announced it, say, $120 at Gamescom, then we drop the price. Most people only put $50 down, anyway (since that's the deposit). Many have payed it in full but they'll recieve $30 cash/credit back if the price was to drop to that price, etc.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Yeah man the 360 is kicking ass and I don't expect it to stop for the rest of the year. Holiday is going to be bananas cause you know MS is going to advertise the shit out of Kinect. I also believe that there will be Reach and COD themed 360's, at least I've been thinking about the Reach one since I first saw the MW one last year. No doubt a day one purchase for me pushing my household count to 3 360s.

I don't get the whole "why is everyone so amped over just a case redesign" one poster has mentioned here. The wifi and hard drive upgrades along with the idea of a more reliable machine are significant IMO. I'm just kicking myself in the ass for not hopping on the Gamestop deal when it was on and getting rid of my old ass, warranty expired 20gb POS. That fucking thing is so loud and hot.

Anyway, things are looking real good for the 360 and it's fans/fanboys.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
trestres said:

Is this Wii's lowest week ever?

Good question, why don't you go check :p

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

BHR-3 said:

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

alot of people saying the stock is low for 360 250gb so what does that mean most of those slaes are $149 $249 arcades elites in some cases both skus coming with 2 free games? or the super elites that come with a AAA game for $299?

MS should of released 360 250gb in sept-nov thats when its going to need it and releasing early like they just did is going to be there downfall sales wise against PS3 for the holidays

This post is fail on so many levels. 

1st.  Yes actually the old models of Elites and Arcades are selling like wildfire so that contributes to the numbers.

2nd.  What also is selling is the 360S and I'm telling you straight up if it wasn't for supply issues we would be seeing even BIGGER weeks than what we are right now for 360 sales. 

3rd.  You expect the Slim launch in Others to be small?  Uk alone will buy the heck out of it. 

paulrage2 said:

Last week 360 win with 100k, this week with 60k... Next week 20k? rsrs

1st Week - 40k
2nd Week - 100k
3rd Week - 60k
4th Week ??
5th Week Pal launch

There are shortages in US, the pal launch is coming.

Bare that in mind ;-0

kowenicki said:
BBH said:
kowenicki said:
BBH said:

More like four.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112661&page=1&str=1152294608#

Look at 2008 vs 2009 similar months.

I suppose it could still be considered a boost if numbers don't rise, but are prevented from going lower?

I'll split the difference with you... 7 months

Even though the graphs based on VGC numbers basically show 4?

Even still, 7 months (4 actually) is a short boost for going to such a low price point. The PS3 has had a longer, better boost in going to $299.

PS3 boosts are bigger up to now, that's a fact. Kinect may be a different story though for thr 360.

BenVTrigger said:
Infamous said:

Okay, to the Gamestop guy posting, he's absolutely correct (back-ordered/not enough 360 S for demand, high Kinect pre-orders DESPITE no advertisment yet, launching in November, and high pricepoint according to teh internetz). All the Gamestops in my district are the same exact way. Dozens of people come in every single day asking for the slim and we have to say that they need to wait around 2-3 weeks until we have them in stock.

Yesterday we got 1/3rd of the preorder slims and I had to go down the list and call everyone to pick it up as you only have a 48 hour period to do so. One guy rushed from New Jersey because he's been having withdrawals without his 360 for 3 weeks, lol. Also almost every retailer/site is backordered, so I expect even bigger 360 numbers in America in the coming weeks. I can't speak for Walmart though, as there is none in NYC.

Not to mention the damn thing isn't even out in Europe, and this is the dry season (Summer); imagine what this is going to do in the holiday season, ESPECIALLY combined with Reach and Kinect. People, specifically fanboys it seems, seem to underestimate Kinect and the casual/female crowd, and anyone who works at a Gamestop will tell you that. Hell, ever since we got that new Kinect commercial showing on our TV at the store, people see it and automatically pre-order, or hound you with questions. Move, on the other hand, we have advertisement for (since it comes out 2 months earlier), and it's extremely less popular. Maybe it's because Sony is trying to target the "hardcore" crowd, which doesn't give two shits about motion control (my experience IRL), or maybe it's because it costs you $210 without tax to utilize Move for 2 players, not counting accessories/peripherals if you want them. Maybe it's because it's so very close to resembling a wiimote/nunchuck; I don't know. I don't care for motion controls myself, but my manager, girlfriend and some of my friends are dying to play Dance Central.

But let me not go off-topic here. All those begrudged people posting "don't worry, the numbers will go back to normal" since the first week the slim released couldn't be more wrong. I also expect bigger America numbers in the next 2 weeks (whatever week it becomes stocked at retailers).

This post is 100% correct.  Litteraly every single thing you listed is the exact same way our stores are here in Missouri.  At this rate the 360 is going to have a Massive holiday and yeah I know this is slightly off topic but our Move pre-orders are horrible.  

Hrm, so it's the same down south, lol. I wonder how it's like on the west coast.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*