By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

man soo happy ps3 is selling soo strong next week should be around 30 maybe 40 k because of WKC2 i cant and wil not belive it wil only sell 130k when wkc1 sold 207k

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Hyruken said:

What is interesting is we are now heading towards the time when PS3 had it's price cut and the new slim model last year (sept 1st?).

yes... ps3 will be down by just under 1.0m yoy during september and by about 600k during October.

You're neglecting to account for Move. Also the probable SKU shift to the 160, 320, and 500 gig models and clearance of older 120 and 250 models and possibly the white console in the west. Obviously it won't have a slim-like effect but I'm willing to bet it will be significantly less than 1.6 million.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

kowenicki said:
Hyruken said:

What is interesting is we are now heading towards the time when PS3 had it's price cut and the new slim model last year (sept 1st?).

yes... ps3 will be down by just under 1.0m yoy during september and by about 600k during October.

Isn't it a little bit early to already spin September and October? 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
postofficebuddy said:
kowenicki said:
Hyruken said:

You're neglecting to account for Move. Also the probable SKU shift to the 160, 320, and 500 gig models and clearance of older 120 and 250 models and possibly the white console in the west. Obviously it won't have a slim-like effect but I'm willing to bet it will be significantly less than 1.6 million.

how much less?

800k-1.2 mill.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

We probably won't see NA numbers until this weekend then.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:

Wins for PS3 in Europe and Japan should mean the PS3 will win the worldwide weekly sales over the 360. Gap between PS3 and 360 will be less than 27k in NA. So PS3 will win the week over the XBox 360. I will be surprised if 360 outsells PS3 by more than 15k in NA this week.

PS3 wins the weekly sales over the 360 by 12k. 

hey if you havent seen the na numbers yet you should! You were sooo right!

And if your lazy ...

it was just shy of 136k  vs PS3 48k

Demotruk said:

Wii is down YoY. PS3 100% up, but comparing to pathetically low numbers the same time last year.

It's worth noting that Wii is further ahead of PS3 this year total than it was last year.  I found that a bit surprising considering we're in the post-Slim, post-FFXIII era now.

Both are up quite a bit YOY total though, even though Wii's down this week.

Wii 2010: 972,550

Wii 2009: 657,299

PS3 2010: 869,571

PS3 2009: 589,930

At least I had the courage to make a prediction. So I was more than 70k out. Not bad  at all. NA is a hard market to predict. 

The PS3 is clawing its way back. 360 Slim launch in Europe has had no impact at all. 

PS3beats360 said:

At least I had the courage to make a prediction. So I was more than 70k out. Not bad  at all. NA is a hard market to predict. 

The PS3 is clawing its way back. 360 Slim launch in Europe has had no impact at all. 

Uh, 360 S hasn't launched in Europe yet?

jarrod said:
PS3beats360 said:

Uh, 360 S hasn't launched in Europe yet?

Not till july 16th i thinks.