By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story trailer FINALLY HERE!

Soriku said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Soriku said:

The combat looks interesting and different. Usually I don't like these type of graphics but it works in this game. Animation is weird in cities. Other than that, looks nice. Hoping there aren't many moments like the humming one in the trailer, those are always cringe worthy in RPGs...

Edit: Btw, destructible environments?

I liked the trailer. Did the humming bother you?

Edit: The battle music at the beginning of the trailer: legendary. Looks very good. Can't wait for more.

Yeah, I don't like humming or singing or whatever in these games. I'd prefer girls to act more...normal. Although that one chick with the orange, wavy hair looks cool.

Also, yeah, Xenoblade has me more hyped at the moment :P I hope we see/hear more stuff about the story and the exploration in this game. I like how the party in this game don't seem like just some people out to save the world or something...they seem different.

Whats so abnormal about girls humming ? humans do it all the time.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Looks good to me.

Amazing graphics...considering its on Wii...

but the last 30 seconds of the trailer made me remember why I don't like JRPGs much.

cheesy songs/humming sequences are one of the reasons. Its awkward to play in front of other people when things like that happen.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

but the last 30 seconds of the trailer made me remember why I don't like JRPGs much.

cheesy songs/humming sequences are one of the reasons. Its awkward to play in front of other people when things like that happen.

Then don't. What are nerd basements for?

I didn't mind Kanan's humming to be honest, mostly because I tend to hum songs anyway so I've no right to complain. The battle system seems intriguing and dynamic (unlike FFXII's clumsy, indecisive system) and the environments are well done. Looks like Sakaguchi has another big one on his hands.

Around the Network

Somehow I was not expecting this kind of game.....Hoping for an more FFIX kind of look with magical creatures, villages....Can't really say I hate or like this trailer;...Just totally not expecting this..

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Do you play games to show off your manlyhood or something?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Lostplanet22 said:

Somehow I was not expecting this kind of game.....Hoping for an more FFIX kind of look with magical creatures, villages....Can't really say I hate or like this trailer;...Just totally not expecting this..

It feels like FF8 mixed with FF9. The humming at the end reminded me of Garnet in FF9. Sakaguchi said the game will not have any Sci-fi elements on it so you can expect magical creatures and villages.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Wow! That looks amazing. Nintendo please: Bring this game and Xenoblade fast to europe

Looks... Like a more typical JRPG than I was hoping. Gotta see more before I allow myself get excited.