By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What happened to Tiger Woods on Wii?

im not suprised, Tiger Woods 2010 was an excellent game i suppose most people that bought it are still fairly happy with Motion Plus. 

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Maybe not many golf fans are motionplus fans.

maybe the wii audience or "casuals" as you guys love it are doing just what you guys have been clamoring they shoudl do for years.

they are actually outside playing golf?  It is the middle of sumer when it is time to golf.  If I were PGA I would release the game come late fall.  I believe Minnesota plays more golf than any other state in the country, even though they can only play in the few months in the summer.  So why release a game during the time they are all out playing REAL golf?

Golf isn't like other sports, golf is much easier to pick up and quickly play anytime, don't need to gather 10 people to play.

edit: just so dont' get corrected and ignore my point.  i have when people just quote you and correct one minor detail that is irrelevent to whole post and ignore the whole point.  Substitute minnesota for the midwest, could be it was midwest, but its same deal though.  The place that can only golf from april - september the peopel that golf put in more hours golfing in a year than places that people can golf all year round.

Wii games has long legs, in the end it will have better sales than the PS360-Version.

I think most people have bought the 10, a nearly perfect golf game on Wii, and don't need a new version with a few minor changes.

Soleron said:

Wii customers aren't willing to pay for the same game four times? I'll bet playing Tiger Woods 08 and 09 is still very popular, and people are happy with it so why upgrade?

The reason to buy yearly editions of "traditional" sports games is to get the new teams, rosters and stats (e.g. Madden). But casual players aren't interested in the professional sport of golf but instead in the enjoyment it provides as a family game. So they don't need updated versions for that.

I think this should end the thread. This nails it perfectly. The audience that buys Golph games only need 1  version per experience. Just make the best one first and make money off the long running sales.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
Soleron said:

Wii customers aren't willing to pay for the same game four times? I'll bet playing Tiger Woods 08 and 09 is still very popular, and people are happy with it so why upgrade?

The reason to buy yearly editions of "traditional" sports games is to get the new teams, rosters and stats (e.g. Madden). But casual players aren't interested in the professional sport of golf but instead in the enjoyment it provides as a family game. So they don't need updated versions for that.

I think this should end the thread. This nails it perfectly. The audience that buys Golph games only need 1  version per experience. Just make the best one first and make money off the long running sales.

yea especially golf.  i mean there are no teams, woods is alone, phil is alone, ect.  no worry abotu update roster. besides most would make their own guy anyway in golf.

so if you have plenty of courses and greatcontrols why buy a new game?

edit: also as i said its golf season, who the hell wants to stay inside when its beautiful outside and play pretend golf when you can go out to a real course and golf for real right now.  if i was to buy woods 11, i woudl buy it around november or late october

Around the Network

already 200k behind

not good, not good at all

ph4nt said:

What is in Tiger Woods 11 that isn't in 10? I'm glad Wii owners aren't dumb enough to buy the same game every year.

Looks like they put real mini-golf in there this time, along with disk golf online.  I am tempted to get this year's version for the mini-golf.  I don't care if Tiger Woods is on the cover.  I don't get interested in a game whether he is on there or not.  Sales likely tanked because Tiger Woods having personal issues.

richardhutnik said:
ph4nt said:

What is in Tiger Woods 11 that isn't in 10? I'm glad Wii owners aren't dumb enough to buy the same game every year.

Looks like they put real mini-golf in there this time, along with disk golf online.  I am tempted to get this year's version for the mini-golf.  I don't care if Tiger Woods is on the cover.  I don't get interested in a game whether he is on there or not.  Sales likely tanked because Tiger Woods having personal issues.

speaking of tiger wood's i wonder what the hell he is paying his ex wife for.  I mean 750 million dollars to "keep quiet" 

what could be worse than we already know?  i'm guessing he was on steroids back a few years ago when he beefed up big.  i bet steroids would hurt his image far worse than any sexual addiction.  ha sexual addiction, what a croc of shit.  isn't that just a male.  its like, hmm a super star who is worth billions.  hmm i bet he doesn't have millions of women throwing themselves at him.  now what does it take to become a sex addict, just an unfaithful man.  that's it, there is no sex addiction.  put any man in his shoes and be single and they would be a sex addict.

but still talk to me in october november and i'll think about this game.  i can go outside in beatiful weather and play golf, mini golf, or frolf whenever i want right now.  not going to sit inside and pretend to do those

Soleron said:

This. I totally agree with people not buying "Whatever Milked To Death Sport Game N 1" for these reasons unless they are die-hard fans of that sport and/or its games.

I don't agree with people not buying it because he cheated on his wife, if she forgave him, who are we to judge. And had she not forgiven him, what we know and who are we to judge anyway? Supposed Christians in particular should know what Jesus thought and said about people too ready to judge their neighbour. And last but not least, it has nothing to do with golf and how good or bad a game about it can be.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Some customers go into the store and they see Tiger 11 for $50, Tiger 10 for $30, and Tiger 08 and 09 for $20. They buy the cheaper game of golf.

Other customers just decide that they don't need Tiger 11 because they already have Tiger 10/09/08. That's where I'm at.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.