By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Destructoid Crackdown 2 Review - 4.5/10

It was clear months ago that Crackdown 2 was going to be pretty repetitive and that it wasn't going to bring anything particularly new over the first title, so I think there was always going to be some backlash from critics for this (hence the very disappointing 71 Metascore) - though obviously Sterling is often unnecessarily extreme just to get his point across.

Around the Network

Dtoid shouldn't review games, or rather their reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

look at deadly premonition for example.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

disolitude said:
Rockyb said:

this game has very bad reviews,  71 metacritic  lol

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/crackdown2?q=crackdown

71 is the new "Very bad"?

Shit, I got to sell half of my gamign collection...

Seriously though, for people that feel that the game is a letdown and in the 70s on meta...check out Transformers and Singularity. Both games are in the (high) 70s review wise and both kick major ass. Transformers in perticular, damn that game is fun...

I thought the same thing when I saw that comment.  It's hard to believe that a when a game gets an average score of around a 7, which by most reviews standards is a good game but with some flaws,  is now a bomb and a POS by many gamer's standards.  

The new Prince of Persia and The Force Unleashed are a couple of other games with scores in the lows 70's that were also quite a bit of fun. 

Another point I don't understand is if a game was fun, why does it have to reinvent itself for the sequel.  Sometimes I purchase a sequel because I want more of the same.  If I'm looking for a different exerience I'll go to another game.     

I also enjoy the fact the OP posted the second worst score for the game.  Where are all the threads that represent what the majority of the reviewers have to say (The one's in the mid 70's)?  I'm not saying by any means that this is going to be a mind blowing experience.  I think most people who played the first understand it's meant to be a giant sand box to play around in and just have fun.  Every game doesn't need to be an epic experience. 

It just sucks that when people see yellow on Metacritc, they automatically assume the worst.

I don't care either way. I'll find out for myself. Some games can be retreads and get a free pass, this game obviously didn't but that doesn't make it an unfun/poor game to play. I know I can extract at least 30 hours of fun from this title because I like open world games so im getting it. I may play it and then sell it on but IMO its worth the risk as I enjoyed the first so more of the same doesn't bother me.

I played the Crackdown 2 demo. From what I experienced, I agree with every detail of this review completely, except for the rambling about Ruffian Games.

The game was no different than the Crackdown 1 demo & game, and the C2 demo did nothing to make you feel like it was an improvement.

The reviewer is completely right.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

This review or any of the others for that matter aren't going to hamper my decision to buy CRackdown 2. I had loads of fun with the first and the 2nd looks to be even more fun with 4 player co-op. All those gripes about story don't matter to me as the real fun in Crackdown is all the mayhem you can start. Add three friends to the mix and this is a must buy for me.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

hatmoza said:

Destructoid (and this is not a joke) is my favorite review site after VGC. When I'm uncertain about a game, I refer to them and base my purchase on their reviews.

They seem to share my outlook on quality.

Edit: * I just realized that Destructoid gave AC 2 a 4.5/10 ... they can burn in hell for all I care now.

I did, however, agree 110% with their FFXIII review.

u are such a boots licker :p

i did play the original and i got a bit bored from the start tbh, i played the demo of this and found it much more fun in a quicker time. Personally Crackdown 2 is a big improvement on crackdown 1

From the demo...

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

i'm going to buy this no matter what the reviews say, i love crackdown 1 and i think its the best game on the box. But after playing the demo this games does not look day 1 worthy. Anyway, the good news is that with these bad reviews the price will probably drop really fast, like  1 - 2 months fast.

I haven't played the game yet I feel Jim is full of crap.

As long as it plays like the original I'll have a blast.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)