By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anybody seen the new China Vii commercial? Talk about Stupid

The Wii is Nintendo's fifth console, but it's their console offering in the seventh generation.

There were two generations of consoles before Nintendo released their first (unless you consider Game and Watch their entry as part of the second generation).

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I know piracy and rip offs are commonplace in China but WOW - That is something else.

I lol'd - hard.

:D

Now that's worse than Mexico commercials about pirate stuff.

mesoteto said:
i wonder why nintendo hasnt stoped this yet..i mean it pretty obvious what they are doing here

Since China's joining of the WTO, their central government has continually promised to increase the IP protections present within the country.  They have adopted a number of such protections, and they have attempted to increase the rate of enforcement of these things, but it's not really that simple unfortunately.

The provincial governments often have rationales and interests that are at-odds with the Chinese government on a national scale.  While the national government wants to increase IP protection and receive the benefits on the world stage, the smaller scale governments within China are more interested in kickbacks and local employment issues, etc.

As a result, even though China is trying to improve their record on IP issues, things are slow going at best.  It unfortunately isn't as simple as pursuing this because it's an obvious violation of their intellectual property rights.        

The problem that faces China needs to be resolved. As Chinese industry has expanded they have consistently demanded better IP protection for their own goods but at the same time allowed flagrant violations of that same protection on their own soil. While things like this are allowed to occur there can only be one response to China complaining about IP violations regardings it goods:

Pot... kettle... black.

Around the Network

I didnt know they used to sell the ps2 in china.

mM

Cant Nintendo shut this thing down?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

This is actually a much better knockoff than I thought it was.

I thought the Vii was just a DVD player or something. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

loadedstatement said:
Cant Nintendo shut this thing down?

No, but they can not sell their consoles to China...which is what they and the other console makers have done for a long time.

Only now, Nintendo is getting ready to sell the Wii in China.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

You might want to see that...

http://gonintendo.com/?p=30763

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!