By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii is amazing!

Twilight Princess took me roughly a week to beat. I'm not sure how long I was playing each day though.

Personally, I found the storyline to be the most compelling aspect of the game, make sure you don't rush through it and pay attention to what people are saying so you know what's going on. Don't skip the cutscenes.

If you're playing it for the Wii, the controls are going to feel so wonderful. I tried playing the Gamecube version and it was so much more of a chore.
Of course, I think this really caused problems with the difficulty. Enemies that would have been hard in the Gamecube version are easy in Wii because of how much easier it is to control Link.
The only enemy I've ever had problems with are with multiple Armored knights. But even they get pretty easy once you figure out their timing. This is pretty much the case for EVERY enemy, no matter where you go. If you can figure out their weak points and pick up on their attack patterns (which are usually pretty simple) it's almsot impossible not to get beaten.

It is fairly linear compared to other Zelda games. I didn't notice this myself until AFTER I beat the game though, cause I was so sucked into the storyline.

It's a great game, but you aren't going to enjoy it nearly as much if you don't let yourself sit back and enjoy the cutscenes and story. Let yourself get sucked into the role of Link and then all those battles start becoming much more important to win.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

"I too have some questions grandmaster- you picked up A Wii game, a PS3 game, and an XBOX 360? WTF? No man should possess so much power! I bow down to you sir. You have bested me. Unfotunately, you will not see sunlight for the rest of this year."

lol! I also bought the Orang box that day, too! If cousin didn't stop me, I would have picked up a PSP-Slim and Metroid for the Wii. Money was flying out of my pocket Sunday.

Ashadelo said:
Best Zelda game ever made. And yes I have beaten all Zelda games but MM.

Stop what you're doing, find MM (even if you have to kill for it), sit down at home with no plans, and welcome nirvana into your life.

grandmaster192 said:
"I too have some questions grandmaster- you picked up A Wii game, a PS3 game, and an XBOX 360? WTF? No man should possess so much power! I bow down to you sir. You have bested me. Unfotunately, you will not see sunlight for the rest of this year."

lol! I also bought the Orang box that day, too! If cousin didn't stop me, I would have picked up a PSP-Slim and Metroid for the Wii. Money was flying out of my pocket Sunday.

You'll just have to get Metroid later. :P

I have a 50 hour game file. I tried to do everything, but I never did finish rollgoal, get all the heart pieces, or clear the cave of ordeals. I would keep going into the cave, clearing a section, and then I wouldn't have the item I needed to progress in the next section. Kinda got tedious after a while.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Great game. It took me around 64 hours to complete, however, I did not get 100% of stuff. I was around 90% or so.

Around the Network

should take 70-80 hours for 100% the first time through.

It is an excellent game IMO, doesn't quite have the magic of Windwaker for me, but it is better than OoT... especially once you open the enormous Hyrule field and get to ride around it all.

And yeah Darknights are definately tougher in this than other Zeldas, i'd watch out for the fully armor-clad lizards too... most other enemies are simple though.

I did it in around 38 hours 100% first playthrough but I'm really fast at Zelda games. Most people take at least 50 hours for 100% first playthrough.

Do yourself a favor and don't pass up on Metroid Prime 3 when you get the chance to pick it up. The game's major flaw is it starts out too action oriented, but after that it's great.

Enjoy your new games (and game system)!

I really value your opinion when it comes to games, Naznatips. You and Gballzack have great taste in games. If Metroid is a true master piece let me know, and I'll buy it today! I'll just get Digimon or Dragon Quest later if it's that good.

The game was good fun, took me 45 hours to clear it. I spent a lot of time just looking around at things, some things in the game look grainy and other things like the textures in one of the temples were just amazing, it was a nice way to test the difference between the component and composite cables.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

grandmaster192 said:
I really value your opinion when it comes to games, Naznatips. You and Gballzack have great taste in games. If Metroid is a true master piece let me know, and I'll buy it today! I'll just get Digimon or Dragon Quest later if it's that good.

Yeah, MP3 is a great buy.  Like I said it does have 1 major flaw and that's the first 3 hours of the game are too action oriented and not enough exploration/puzzle solving oriented.  It's easily one of the best games on the Wii though.