By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would the console war improve if....

I think we can all agree that inFamous 2 looks pretty fucking damn good.

Am I right?

Around the Network

it's a statistical tie!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Only when Sega comes on top!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hope would only spread the flames further.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

a more competitve feild would change things for the best, as it stands right now, its a pretty lop-sided race for second

Around the Network
ArnoldRimmer said:

It wouldn't make a difference. Fanboyism is a lot about cognitive dissonance. A popular example of cognitive dissonance is when there are two very similar products A and B you can buy. You have to decide on one, but they are so similar that there is no clear winner - so in the end you'll be picking one, but since there was no clear winner there remains an uncomfortable feeling in your that you might have made the wrong decision.

People will try to eliminate this uncomfortable feeling afterwards by trying to find reasons that seem to justify the decision they made. If someone decided to buy product A, he will be interested in all information that seems to make product A the better decision, while he will try to avoid or downplay any information that seems to make product B the better decision.

This for example explains...

a) why fanboyism is mostly between PS3 and Xbox 360 (these consoles are in fact very similar, while the Wii is significantly different)

b) why fanboys usually only have a 360 OR a PS3

And the people in that thread about "what's the hardest major" said that Communication was a joke lol. Cognitive dissonance and persuasion techniques for the fucking win