By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
andremop said:
Xetor said:

It prouves that americans customers have still alot to learn...

So do you, if you want to post keep posting here.

Now Americans can't choose a console to buy anymore?

Just report him and don't bother replying to him....its just an alt account anyways.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

How much of those increased sales is due to the $50 rebate on Arcade/Elite and how much is boost due to Slim?

in Japn,it's 15000 360S 2000 old 360

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

Serious_frusting said:

And the drop off rates will e just as huge ;)

You wish...they will probably be pretty decent drop off rates but its not gonna be back to normal in 2 weeks.

mike_intellivision said:

The outstanding Xbox 360 sales should come as no surprise since sales were depressed in anticipation of the new model as well as people "trading in" to get the new console.

The latter makes me wonder -- how many sales of all systems are replacements vs. how many are to new owners?

For example (and to show I am not being unkind to the Xbox), I just replaced my son's DS because it was shorting out.  It counts as a new purchase but he is not a new owner.

Mike from Morgantown

My thoughts exactly.  360 sales number are great, but how many from those sales were actually new gamers and not just current 360 owners just trading in their old for the new?  

Is Gamestop the only store that's done the trade in deal?  If so would it be possible for them to provide how many trade ins occurred?

V-r0cK said:
mike_intellivision said:

The outstanding Xbox 360 sales should come as no surprise since sales were depressed in anticipation of the new model as well as people "trading in" to get the new console.

The latter makes me wonder -- how many sales of all systems are replacements vs. how many are to new owners?

For example (and to show I am not being unkind to the Xbox), I just replaced my son's DS because it was shorting out.  It counts as a new purchase but he is not a new owner.

Mike from Morgantown

My thoughts exactly.  360 sales number are great, but how many from those sales were actually new gamers and not just current 360 owners just trading in their old for the new?  

Is Gamestop the only store that's done the trade in deal?  If so would it be possible for them to provide how many trade ins occurred?

Does it really matter in the end?   A sale is a sale.

Around the Network

Good result for 360. Still I do not understand how do PS3 Software continues to oversell 360 Software.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Apparently it does after all the same question was asked of the PS3 Slim and certainly a large part oof the early sales would of been a combination of existing users and pent up demand.

The 360 has more reasons for a repeat purchase namely that it is already cheaper so having a second console is a viable opton the other of course is this console improved on the last not only in aesthetics and improved reliability but also functionality. I also suspect the 360 has a pent up demand but not in the same way the PS3 because that was mostly down to price but reliability and functionality.

It will be interesting to see what the redesigned arcade can do with its even lower price. I guess this will depend on what functionality survives.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
realill said:

Good result for 360. Still I do not understand how do PS3 Software continues to oversell 360 Software.

I'm confused. It isnt.

According to VGC both Americas and WW the 360 software is comfortably outselling the PS3.

enrageorange said:

i think microsoft made a terrible mistake not launching the slim at the same time as kinect. They should have waiting till the kinect was ready and launched the $300 360S at the same time as a $400 360s with kinect bundled. This is because every week the slim sells that kinect isn't is a lot of lost potential sales of kinect. Bundles are going to be the only way the kinect will sell well at least initially and 360 wasted a very big hardware boost by not doing them both together.
Nice numbers for the 360, though. And good ps3 software sales. Wii will probably be back on top by a month or two.

how so ? this time they get 2 boosts. But I agree with many hopefully not shortages coming into christmas, GO YOU MS FACTORIES YOU :p

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Xetor said:

It prouves that americans customers have still alot to learn...

I may prefer the PS3 over the X360, even though I like it as well, but give credit where it's due.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!