By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 vs PS3---Console Wars Round 12: The Finale!!!

Pretty impartial. I really liked it.

Apart from making Blu Ray seem a bigger medium than it actually is. ( currently only 13% of sales in the market ). It was good.

I must admit I learnt a few things about PS3 I didnt know. Like not being able to play music ingame? 

The only misguided thing he said in the whole video was this:

" As a core gamer I shifted my viewpoint to Move." And one minute later said " M$ and Sony have obviously attempted to get the casual gamer this E3". 

Surely if Sony and M$ are going for the casual gamer, M$ did it right. 

But the rest was good.

Around the Network

While I can respect the results of the video, there's still room for debate in the console wars.  It all comes down to whether:

-you like controller A more than controller B

-the importance of online

-if the fact that most of Microsoft's harware issues have been corrected means anything

-which exclusives you like the most

And, I gotta admit, I missed E3.  Kevin Butler's final statement was inspiring!

I like the way this ended, I think the PS3 is really the better console all around.

No no no no no...  That video was so wrong that it almost broke my heart.  Did you guys noticed the music score before the Kevin Butler bit?  That music was the opening fanfare for Final fantasy VIII, the second best fantasy in my book.  Those were the sorely missed days of the good Squaresoft, not the current debauchery of SquareEnix (with the exception of Dragon Warrior).  Why must I be reminded of such a lost art form?  They just don't make them like they used to...

(sigh)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

d21lewis said:

While I can respect the results of the video, there's still room for debate in the console wars.  It all comes down to whether:

-if the fact that most of Microsoft's harware issues have been corrected means anything

What fact...?

Around the Network
droppingpenny said:

Why isn't the Wii included in your video? It sold as much as 360/PS3 together, and has a much better game library.

I chuckled

I find any kind of these "Console Wars" debates to be too subjective to be useful.  I greatly prefer the PS3 controller over the 360, because I like to use the d-pad.  But I also prefer the user interface of the 360 over that of the PS3. 

So instead of a conclusive "Console A is better than Console B" decision, we just get an opinion based on opinions, which serves as more flamebait fodder.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Excitebike on my Famicom AV...

Jordahn said:
d21lewis said:

What fact...?

Failure rates are down, Wi-Fi has been added, the system runs quieter (since the Jasper model, as far as I know).  You know, facts.

jneul said:

most of the fails that they complained about for the ps3 was a huge non-issue for  me,  so in my view ps3 winds handsdown, alos the ps3 controller is better for every kind of game except shooters, and soon we have ps move for shooters so in my view the x360 controller is inferior

Yikes, this needs a HUGE "IMO" before it.  No offense, but I'd disagree completely.  IF I could use my 360 controller with my PS3, I would use it for every game.  Every. Single. One.

That of course, is my opinion.

On topic, I haven't seen all of these rounds, but the ones I did see seemed reasonably bias free.  I think it's impossible to BE completely free, but you know what are you gonna do?

d21lewis said:
Jordahn said:
d21lewis said:

What fact...?

Failure rates are down, Wi-Fi has been added, the system runs quieter (since the Jasper model, as far as I know).  You know, facts.

I guess it is a fact that hardly any new 360 models have been reported with failures because IT WAS JUST RELEASED!  So we don't know for a fact that most of the 360's hardware issue have been corrected.  Fact.  We'll have a better idea in a few months.  :)