By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 vs PS3---Console Wars Round 12: The Finale!!!

droppingpenny said:

Why isn't the Wii included in your video? It sold as much as 360/PS3 together, and has a much better game library.

Allow me to lol at your statement. Besides that, you should have heard what he said during that video before posting.

Around the Network
liamtoh669 said:

I find any kind of these "Console Wars" debates to be too subjective to be useful.  I greatly prefer the PS3 controller over the 360, because I like to use the d-pad.  But I also prefer the user interface of the 360 over that of the PS3. 

So instead of a conclusive "Console A is better than Console B" decision, we just get an opinion based on opinions, which serves as more flamebait fodder.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Excitebike on my Famicom AV...

It's only flamebait when it's not respected as a logical thought out opinion which is what this is.  We all have our opinions.  Some people are asinine about it while other are respectful.  Then you have those who are asinine about an opinion just because it doesn't agree with them.  Those guys are the real problem.  I commend this guy for his efforts.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
d21lewis said:
Jordahn said:
d21lewis said:

While I can respect the results of the video, there's still room for debate in the console wars.  It all comes down to whether:

-you like controller A more than controller B

-the importance of online

-if the fact that most of Microsoft's harware issues have been corrected means anything

-which exclusives you like the most

And, I gotta admit, I missed E3.  Kevin Butler's final statement was inspiring!

What fact...?

Failure rates are down, Wi-Fi has been added, the system runs quieter (since the Jasper model, as far as I know).  You know, facts.

I guess it is a fact that hardly any new 360 models have been reported with failures because IT WAS JUST RELEASED!  So we don't know for a fact that most of the 360's hardware issue have been corrected.  Fact.  We'll have a better idea in a few months.  :)

My, aren't you a "glass half empty" kind of guy.  Does it pain you to hear ANYTHING that isn't negative about the 360?  In my opinion, it's a great console.  It's my favorite console this gen and I have it sitting right beside your favorite console on my entertainment center.  

I enjoyed this comparison, though.  It was pretty well done.  I'll leave it at that.

d21lewis said:
Jordahn said:
d21lewis said:
Jordahn said:
d21lewis said:

While I can respect the results of the video, there's still room for debate in the console wars.  It all comes down to whether:

-you like controller A more than controller B

-the importance of online

-if the fact that most of Microsoft's harware issues have been corrected means anything

-which exclusives you like the most

And, I gotta admit, I missed E3.  Kevin Butler's final statement was inspiring!

What fact...?

Failure rates are down, Wi-Fi has been added, the system runs quieter (since the Jasper model, as far as I know).  You know, facts.

I guess it is a fact that hardly any new 360 models have been reported with failures because IT WAS JUST RELEASED!  So we don't know for a fact that most of the 360's hardware issue have been corrected.  Fact.  We'll have a better idea in a few months.  :)

My, aren't you a "glass half empty" kind of guy.  Does it pain you to hear ANYTHING that isn't negative about the 360?  In my opinion, it's a great console.  It's my favorite console this gen and I have it sitting right beside your favorite console on my entertainment center.  

I enjoyed this comparison, though.  It was pretty well done.  I'll leave it at that.

I guess you missed me praising games like Alan Wake and Too Human (yes, I said Too Human) and developers such as Mistwalker because of both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

BMaker11 said:
droppingpenny said:

Why isn't the Wii included in your video? It sold as much as 360/PS3 together, and has a much better game library.

I chuckled

The fact that shocked me is that I actually agree to an extent with droppingpenny when it comes to exclusive games

IMO, this gens consoles can be ranked like this:

DS>>Wii>PS3>>>360>>>PSP

Anyway, on topic I like the video as I found it suprisingly impartial