By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Roger Ebert Takes Back His Video Games Not Art Comments!

Khuutra said:

This shoulldn't be news, still, but...

It's very big of him to admit that he may just not understand.

Why shouldn't it be news? I think I know why u think that, but...

If this wasn't posted I would never have known that he changed his mind.

Around the Network

I'm glad (and surprised) to hear this.  I know that most of us couldn't care less what one individual thinks regarding this topic, but when that individual is a critic and gets his/her opinion out to so many people, it sits much better with us when they admit ignorence.  It was never about Ebert's opinion; I can totally respect that.  But what I couldn't respect was the outright dismissal of the significance of a medium he knows nothing about.

Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:

This shoulldn't be news, still, but...

It's very big of him to admit that he may just not understand.

Why shouldn't it be news? I think I know why u think that, but...

If this wasn't posted I would never have known that he changed his mind.

Yeah I figured this was worthy of being posted since Ebert basically apologized to gamers and admitted he wrong since he doesn't seem to fully understand the medium anyway.     

must have been tired of getting all that hate mail

The celestrial brush now can paint a happy face next to his photo.

Around the Network

Maybe we need a recent picture of him to judge.....

I'm going to be so sad when he dies. He was one of my favorite film critics or critics of any medium. I watched his show every week and it hurt me when he quit it.

I never hated him for his comments but at least he made amends. He is part of the reason I am going to study film in university.

Art is everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:

I'm going to be so sad when he dies. He was one of my favorite film critics or critics of any medium. I watched his show every week and it hurt me when he quit it.

I never hated him for his comments but at least he made amends. He is part of the reason I am going to study film in university.

Art is everywhere.

Me too.  I was always a fan of Gene Siskel's  when those two used to go at it on Siskel and Ebert at the movies but I always respected Roger Ebert.  Those two were THE movie critics of the 80's and 90's (and maybe even longer.  That's just when I knew about them).  His video game opinion carries about as much heft as my soccer opinion --meaning I know absolutely nothing but the bare minimum about the subject--but that's okay.  It seems he's made peace with us.