By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX 360S It only does everything!

TomasPL said:

BMaker, psn still lacks most of the XBL features even if you look only at Silver accounts.

in 2009 360 had 20 exclusive retail games that scored above average(if you count all of them then theres more than 25 titles). ps3 had...5 exclusive games in total including Eye Pet. if you ad huge amount of exclusive xbox live games you're getting another 15-20 titles.

"The biggest title is just an updated port?"

YES, it was already reported by Polyphony - 830 cars from the past Gran Turismo games were ported over to Gran Turismo 5 with updated textures(yet those are still the same models from the past and we have yet to see them since Polyphony only shows "premium cars"). they ported their statistics, sound sets, they have no cockpit view like in the past. we know that those cars won't have damage(only scratches on the paint). the premium cars will be those that were in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, gokarts, nascar cars(and we know already that it's just 3 car models with diferent liveries as diferent cars). physics seems the same as Prologue which already was just slightly updated physics from Gran Turismo 4. 

so yeah, it's updated port of Gran Turismo 4 since 90% of the game content was simply ported over to ps3 we just have yet to see that content since Polyphony only showed new cars that weren't in the past games and mostly new tracks.

i love how everyone will call you Forza/xbox fanboy because you don't glorify Gran Turismo.

Lacks what features? Messaging friends? Demos? Videos? Facebook? Twitter? What?

A Crack in Time, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Demon's Souls, inFamous, Yakuza 3. I've already named 6 off the top of my head so....

As for GT5 using updated textures...at least they updated to make it up to par for this generation. What...you think 800 cars are gonna have PS2 graphics? And I never mentioned anything about saying you're a fanboy because you didn't "glorify" GT5. You assume too much

Around the Network
TomasPL said:
STEKSTAV said:

Welcome newcomers of the 360S! Welcome to the next generation, or as we call it, the PS3 experience, minus the Blu Ray and exclusives. Enjoy! Its awesome!

who needs bluray when it's a dying format thanks to superior video streaming

and what exclusives? 360 had more exclusives last year than ps3 will have in the next 2 years. hell 360 had more exclusive in the past 6 months than ps3 in the last 2 years. hell the biggest upcoming title for ps3 is just an updated port of ps2 game(Gran Turismo 5).

i would say 

Welcome newcomers of the Playstation Plus! Welcome to the next generation, or as we call it, the Xbox 360 experience, minus the good online, community features and exclusives. Enjoy! Its awesome, but not for you for at least next 2-3 years until Sony will actually make psn accessible!

that's should be right

I lol'd so much about this whole post, you can't even imagine how much.

Blu-ray a dying format? lol? And video streaming superior? lol#2! More exclusives on 360 in the last year? Ummmmm... And GT5 a ps2 port? Now I know that you don't know anything about the market, the PS3 and its' games.

Seriously... I'm not a Sony fanboy (I have a 360 and a Wii, too), although it is my favourite company. But your whole post shows just a strong bias against Sony.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

TomasPL said:

BMaker, psn still lacks most of the XBL features even if you look only at Silver accounts.

in 2009 360 had 20 exclusive retail games that scored above average(if you count all of them then theres more than 25 titles). ps3 had...5 exclusive games in total including Eye Pet. if you ad huge amount of exclusive xbox live games you're getting another 15-20 titles.

"The biggest title is just an updated port?"

YES, it was already reported by Polyphony - 830 cars from the past Gran Turismo games were ported over to Gran Turismo 5 with updated textures(yet those are still the same models from the past and we have yet to see them since Polyphony only shows "premium cars"). they ported their statistics, sound sets, they have no cockpit view like in the past. we know that those cars won't have damage(only scratches on the paint). the premium cars will be those that were in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, gokarts, nascar cars(and we know already that it's just 3 car models with diferent liveries as diferent cars). physics seems the same as Prologue which already was just slightly updated physics from Gran Turismo 4. 

so yeah, it's updated port of Gran Turismo 4 since 90% of the game content was simply ported over to ps3 we just have yet to see that content since Polyphony only showed new cars that weren't in the past games and mostly new tracks.

i love how everyone will call you Forza/xbox fanboy because you don't glorify Gran Turismo.

best line up for 2008 and 2009 both went to PS3 .you can  still watch it on gametrailers.U r just misinformed.

Talking about updated PS2 graphics,,,have you played halo 3 by any chance? ;)

WOW glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this guys is just utterly misinformed 

if you'd like to know Turn 10 rescanned and remade all the cars from scratch for Forza 3(they only ported existing cars for Forza 2 and they still reworked them) while in Gran Turismo 5 Polyphony simply ported those 830 cars and changed textures. it would be ok for a game that was released in 2008, 2 years after ps3 launched but now i would expect at the very least that all cars would be the same(all would have interiors, cockpit views, damage etc.). the thing i like about Forza is that Turn 10 won't just reskin their cars and name them diferently to bump up the number of "cars" while that's the whole Polyphony is doing.

time will tell, but since Polyphony is showing only premium cars(that they actually made in the last few years) while avoiding any info about normal standard cars it doesn't sound very good especially so close to(hopefully) release date and the fact that info that were released about those cars doesn't sound good at all. 

if you look only at those "AAA" titles then you're missing a lot, my friend. there's plenty of those niche games i bought xbox for that will be released in upcoming months. same was last year more than 20 exclusive games - 5-6 big AAA titles and plehora of amazing niche games like Race Pro, Battlestations: Pacific, Stoked, Divinity 2 or Tropico 3(probably best pure strategy title on console that was done right for a console). same is this year, for every Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake we're getting few awesome games from smaller developers and publishers like Metro 2033, Darkstar One or Supreme Commander 2 - yeah those games will never get mewtacritic score of 85-90 /100 or sell milions of copies but they're not suppose to(out of 60 xbox 360 games i have most of them are those niche titles).

Around the Network
STEKSTAV said:

Welcome newcomers of the 360S! Welcome to the next generation, or as we call it, the PS3 experience, minus the Blu Ray and exclusives. Enjoy! Its awesome!

Ah the PS3 experience. Nothing like having your 60GB die, losing all your saves, and having it replaced with 120GB Slim that has half the functionality....

@Bmaker great you've listed us/jp only(Demon's Souls) title and japan only game(Yakuza 3) would you like me to list games that were exclusive japanese titles like plethora of 360 eroge games in 2009?

we still don't know what they did with standard cars since the only info that we know is that they just ported them and added textures - if so there will be VERY noticable diference and i wouldn't be surprised if those cars looked really bad compared to cars they showed so far.

@snfr, like i said. 20 xbox 360 exclusive retail games in 2009 versus 5 ps3 exclusive retail games released in 2009. last i've checked 20 =/= 5. since more than 80% of all cars and tracks were simply ported over to Gran Turismo 5 it's hard not to call it updated port, don't you think.

@SpartanFX, best lineup on GT? you do know that they only counted those big AAA titles which just proves what i've said. ps3 may had those 4-5 big games but besides that it's dead. it's like orange and apples for me since more than 40 games i have on 360 is from market that is basically dead on ps3. 

Darc Requiem said:
STEKSTAV said:

Ah the PS3 experience. Nothing like having your 60GB die, losing all your saves, and having it replaced with 120GB Slim that has half the functionality....

But I want mine to die and be replaced with a 120GB Slim! You're so damn lucky!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Darc Requiem said:
STEKSTAV said:

But I want mine to die and be replaced with a 120GB Slim! You're so damn lucky!

Wasn't my unit it was my brother's. I'm sorta of glad that our system swap didn't work out. It would have been me that lost all of my save data. I'd be livid right now. He's taking it much better than I would.

TomasPL said:

@Bmaker great you've listed us/jp only(Demon's Souls) title and japan only game(Yakuza 3) would you like me to list games that were exclusive japanese titles like plethora of 360 eroge games in 2009?

we still don't know what they did with standard cars since the only info that we know is that they just ported them and added textures - if so there will be VERY noticable diference and i wouldn't be surprised if those cars looked really bad compared to cars they showed so far.

@snfr, like i said. 20 xbox 360 exclusive retail games in 2009 versus 5 ps3 exclusive retail games released in 2009. last i've checked 20 =/= 5. since more than 80% of all cars and tracks were simply ported over to Gran Turismo 5 it's hard not to call it updated port, don't you think.

@SpartanFX, best lineup on GT? you do know that they only counted those big AAA titles which just proves what i've said. ps3 may had those 4-5 big games but besides that it's dead. it's like orange and apples for me since more than 40 games i have on 360 is from market that is basically dead on ps3. 

Umm... since when is quantity > quality? If you think that that's the case than the Wii must have the most awesome lineup ever for you. And when I look in my collection... even I have 5 PS3 exclusive games that came out in 2009, and I don't think that I bought every exclusive game.

And do you really think that these 800 cars are just simple ports and look much worse than the premium cars? It's Yamauchi, it's Polyphony Digital. These guys are perfectionists, so I have no doubt that it will look great overall.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3