By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft targets 5m Fable III sales, profits of $150m

I get a kick out a lot of you folk.  Most of you that are saying there is no chance for 5 million Fable 3 sales have said that GT5 will sale a bajillion copies.  Double standards anyone?   

Since Peter M. says he is wanting to reach 5 million most of you think that is impossible.  5 million isn't such a big jump is it?  After digital distribution I would think that Fable 2 has sold close to 4 million copies.  So were only really looking at an extra 1 million to 1.5 million sales.  How is that such a difficult feat if the game is better than Fable 2?  

I would laugh so hard if it does indeed sell 5 million and GT5 only sells a little more.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

Hum...is this came now being changes to Fable Reach...because Molyneux might be reaching for a goal like this.  I think Fable and Fable 2 have done fantastic numbers over the years, and I'm sure Fable 3 will follow suit, but shooting for a number nearly 40% more than before might be reaching a bit too far.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Fable 3 will beat GT5 in Americas...  PERIOD

heruamon said:

Hum...is this came now being changes to Fable Reach...because Molyneux might be reaching for a goal like this.  I think Fable and Fable 2 have done fantastic numbers over the years, and I'm sure Fable 3 will follow suit, but shooting for a number nearly 40% more than before might be reaching a bit too far.

It's not 40%. When all is said and done Fable 2 will pass 4 million copies.

5 million from 4 million is only a 25% increase. And this time we have a PC version getting an extra 300K or so.

That said I doubt Fable 3 will outsell Fable 2.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL.....Fable isn't Gears. Molyneux is such an arrogant ass that cannot see the short comings and false promises of his own mouth and product.

Go troll somewhere else please.

Explain how I'm trolling. I've bought both Fables and I cannot stand Molyneux because of experience with his product and his false promises.

Even if you believe it, that is such a generic and boring argument, that it sounds like you're making it up. That's why he thinks you're trolling.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Fable 2 wasn't a terrible game, as there are much worse games out there. It also wasn't anywhere near great though either. If I were rating it I would score it about a 6.5 because there was so much room for improvement. I fell like the game looks and feels like it came out before it was finished because it lacked a lot of polish (sort of looks and plays like how a launch title feels, except the 360 had already been out for 3 years in 2008 when it released). I did like it enough that it felt like a bargain at the $19.99 "platinum hits" price I paid for it.

It would have to be absolutely brilliant to get 5 million sales, I am thinking about 2 million maybe 2.5 million tops. I will be looking forward to picking up Fable 3 the bargain bin come spring.

Molyneux is a genious with a known tendence to exageration and daydreaming. Never about sales, always about features.

Considering how well Fable 2 sold, 5 millions including a PC version for a casualized game with no RPG elements isn't out of the question.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

damndl0ser said:

I get a kick out a lot of you folk.  Most of you that are saying there is no chance for 5 million Fable 3 sales have said that GT5 will sale a bajillion copies.  Double standards anyone?   

Since Peter M. says he is wanting to reach 5 million most of you think that is impossible.  5 million isn't such a big jump is it?  After digital distribution I would think that Fable 2 has sold close to 4 million copies.  So were only really looking at an extra 1 million to 1.5 million sales.  How is that such a difficult feat if the game is better than Fable 2?  

I would laugh so hard if it does indeed sell 5 million and GT5 only sells a little more.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Don't even compare Fable to GT in sales comparisons

GT5 is coming of a game that sold 11 Million...and before that a game that sold 15 Million

Fable 3 is coming of a game that sold 4 Million.....and before that 3 Million.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
damndl0ser said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

GT5 is coming of a game that sold 11 Million...and before that a game that sold 15 Million

The difference being that fable 3 WILL almost certainly outsell fable 2 and fable, but GT5 will almost certainly NOT outsell its recent iterations.

Thats not the point I was making

He needs to understand the reason people think GT5 is going to sell 10 Million plus

People aren't pulling out huge GT5 sales prediction from twiddling their thumbs, no there is a legit reason people think it will sell bajillions.

kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
damndl0ser said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The difference being that fable 3 WILL almost certainly outsell fable 2 and fable, but GT5 will almost certainly NOT outsell its recent iterations.

Thats not the point I was making

He needs to understand the reason people think GT5 is going to sell 10 Million plus

People aren't pulling out huge GT5 sales prediction from twiddling their thumbs, not here is a legit reason people think it will sell bajillions.

10m...? nah.

One question.... How long before GT6?  or some other iteration of GT5? 

I have no idea... I'm just asking.  But I am guessing they will squeeze one more onto the PS3 using the same basic buidling blocks they have developed.  This will curtail GT5 sales in the long term.

I don;t know either if 10 Million is do-able, the NA pre-orders are shaking my faith in its 10 million potential

We do not know when GT6 will come but Yamauchi said it wouldn't take as long as GT5 as the tech is already there

That implies its "scheduled" for this gen. Who knows how long this gen will last.