By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on Halo Reach's gameplay footage from E3 2010?

CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I thought the first part of the level leading to the Saber (if it's really the first part) was extremely short and seemed extremely easy for some reason. The backdrops and everything looked amazing though. The planet is really getting ripped to shreds!

I must say that the space combat part really got me off my chair though! I seriously wasn't expecting a Spartan in space, Wing Commander/Star Fox style. They must include an online mode for this!

There isn't ant multi-player for the Space Combat, that scenerio is only playable once throughout the campaign.

Damnit. Oh well... at least Firefight 2.0 will keep me distracted for a long time.

No more spoilers tho please!

Reach is going to be glassed by the Covenant in the end.

The guy asked you not to post spoilers so you had to go ahead and post one of the biggest spoilers of the game?  Why did you even bother making this thread when it's obvious that you hate the game so much?  All this thread is doing is making you act like an ass.  Who are you to post spoilers about a game and to tell gamers not to get excited about it?

Eerrrr...... When did I say that I hate Reach despite the fact the full game isn't out and I haven't played it yet. I said the gameplay footage looked decent and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not keeping my hopes up as it could be dissapointing. I'm not exactly sure if it will become one of the year's dissapointments. I just hope it offers the best campaign and story since Halo CE, Halo 2 & 3's campaign have dissapointed me because they didn't match the level of epicness of Halo: CE. Halo 3 ODST was close, but not quite.

It's good to expect the game to be average or below average, keeps you from being disappointed and lowers ridiculously high expectations. Also, I was just joking with the other guy. Everyone knows that Reach is going to be glassed in the end, Bungie have stated it numerous times. Halo Reach will provide players a more intimate view of the battle for Reach. I hope it's a satisfying and dramatic one, I don't want this series end with a whimper, I want it to end with a bang.

Why tell people that they should keep their expectations of this game as average or below average and then do the exact opposite in this thread with Starcraft 2? 

Because it's StarCraft, it's a game from Blizzard studios.... enough said.

So Bungie isn't a first rate studio when it comes to FPS games?

Around the Network
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I thought the first part of the level leading to the Saber (if it's really the first part) was extremely short and seemed extremely easy for some reason. The backdrops and everything looked amazing though. The planet is really getting ripped to shreds!

I must say that the space combat part really got me off my chair though! I seriously wasn't expecting a Spartan in space, Wing Commander/Star Fox style. They must include an online mode for this!

There isn't ant multi-player for the Space Combat, that scenerio is only playable once throughout the campaign.

Damnit. Oh well... at least Firefight 2.0 will keep me distracted for a long time.

The guy asked you not to post spoilers so you had to go ahead and post one of the biggest spoilers of the game?  Why did you even bother making this thread when it's obvious that you hate the game so much?  All this thread is doing is making you act like an ass.  Who are you to post spoilers about a game and to tell gamers not to get excited about it?

Eerrrr...... When did I say that I hate Reach despite the fact the full game isn't out and I haven't played it yet. I said the gameplay footage looked decent and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not keeping my hopes up as it could be dissapointing. I'm not exactly sure if it will become one of the year's dissapointments. I just hope it offers the best campaign and story since Halo CE, Halo 2 & 3's campaign have dissapointed me because they didn't match the level of epicness of Halo: CE. Halo 3 ODST was close, but not quite.

It's good to expect the game to be average or below average, keeps you from being disappointed and lowers ridiculously high expectations. Also, I was just joking with the other guy. Everyone knows that Reach is going to be glassed in the end, Bungie have stated it numerous times. Halo Reach will provide players a more intimate view of the battle for Reach. I hope it's a satisfying and dramatic one, I don't want this series end with a whimper, I want it to end with a bang.

Why tell people that they should keep their expectations of this game as average or below average and then do the exact opposite in this thread with Starcraft 2? 

That makes no sense.  Bungie has yet to dissapoint with a Halo game and it's sales get higher and higher.  Bungie may not have a ton of games, but what they have is pure gold.

Looks Good, Not great IMO

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

voty2000 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

That makes no sense.  Bungie has yet to dissapoint with a Halo game and it's sales get higher and higher.  Bungie may not have a ton of games, but what they have is pure gold.

It makes about as much sense as his comment about Bungie using the same formula and then posting a picture of a game from Blizzard of all studios.  Does he think Starcraft 2 isn't going to be a RTS game with units like the first game?

Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

So Bungie isn't a first rate studio when it comes to FPS games?

They do, but I have to admit that I was dissapointed with Halo 2 and Halo 3 campaign wise. Marathon Infinity was a dissapointment compared to the first two Marathons. While I liked ODST, it wasn't worth the $60 I've spent on it. Blizzard have never disappointed me, they have yet to. Halo Reach will probably be this year's FPOTY, the beta impressed me and the new improved Fire Fight mode looks pretty awesome. The gameplay footaged looked more interesting than Crysis 2 (Why did you have to dumb down a great PC game Crytek?). I could be wrong, I doubt it will be terrible though. It may turn out to be an average game, receiving average scores from game reviewers. It may be the best Halo since Combat Evolved.

Around the Network

HALO:REACH will be the best halo game to date....Cannot wait

The FPS KING is back  to take back its crown!!!

Lyrikalstylez said:

Eerrr.... no. Halo has never been king of the genre, it may have been a Bishop, but never king. The king for single-player first-person shooters was always Half-Life and the king for multi-player first-person shooters was always Counter-Strike. I hope it becomes the best game in the series, I fear that it could be the worst, even worse than ODST and Halo Wars.

CollectiveCynic said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Eerrr.... no. Halo has never been king of the genre, it may have been a Bishop, but never king. The king for single-player first-person shooters was always Half-Life and the king for multi-player first-person shooters was always Counter-Strike. I hope it becomes the best game in the series, I fear that it could be the worst, even worse than ODST and Halo Wars.

Half Life was an awesome game but Halo has had a bigger impact on the FPS genre

Lyrikalstylez said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

No, Half-Life practically revolutionized the genre. By creating a believable and palpable FPS, items that were placed in plausible locations. It even shown what can be done with A.I. for first-person shooters. It was also revolutionary on how it told a story, there were no cutscenes and every scripted event unveiled the storyline. Halo didn't do anything new, it just took a bunch of shit from other games and put them into one smoothly polished and expertly designed package. Halo is more popular than Half-Life, but Half-Life is more influential and innovative. Halo wouldn't be the way it is without Half-Life.

Lyrikalstylez said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Halo had bigger impact only because it was the FPS revolution on consoles, and also thanks to MS's insane marketing. While Halo 1 became a great hit on consoles, on PC it basically went unnoticed, as there were far better and more advanced games.

Halo might've been the king of console FPS genre, but that's like one-eyed in a blind house.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising