By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on Halo Reach's gameplay footage from E3 2010?

I think Reach will be another great FPS offering from Bungie,  Im excited to play it, and I already have the Legendary Bundle preordered. 

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

I think Reach will be another great FPS offering from Bungie,  Im excited to play it, and I already have the Legendary Bundle preordered. 

I wouldn't be so hyped up if I were you, the series could end with a whimper instead of a bang. Just a thought, I really hope it doesn't but there is a possibility. I really hope Crysis 2 doesn't become FPSOTY, it looks dumbed down compared to the original. 

CollectiveCynic said:
Vetteman94 said:

I wouldn't be so hyped up if I were you, the series could end with a whimper instead of a bang. Just a thought, I really hope it doesn't but there is a possibility. I really hope Crysis 2 doesn't become FPSOTY, it looks dumbed down compared to the original. 

Given the games past experiences the chances of that happening are slim enough not to even bother with thinking about it being a possibilty.   Bungie is a really good game developer.    Plus i thought it was a prequel not an ending to the series?

they said space flight was only in that mission of the campagin they never said there wasnt going to be competitive multiplayer space flight.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Vetteman94 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Vetteman94 said:

Given the games past experiences the chances of that happening are slim enough not to even bother with thinking about it being a possibilty.   Bungie is a really good game developer.    Plus i thought it was a prequel not an ending to the series?

I meant that it's Bungie's last Halo game, it's a prequel to the first Halo in terms of story and setting. I hope Bungie's last game goes out with a bang, but it might end with a whimper. Who knows? We have to wait and see, even great developers create failures. Take John Romero's Daikatana for example.

Around the Network
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I thought the first part of the level leading to the Saber (if it's really the first part) was extremely short and seemed extremely easy for some reason. The backdrops and everything looked amazing though. The planet is really getting ripped to shreds!

I must say that the space combat part really got me off my chair though! I seriously wasn't expecting a Spartan in space, Wing Commander/Star Fox style. They must include an online mode for this!

There isn't ant multi-player for the Space Combat, that scenerio is only playable once throughout the campaign.

No they said it was the only Space Combat in the campaign, not the game.

As for what I think about it?  Game of the freaking year!

I've always liked Halo campaigns as they give you lots of control on the battlefield. Terain, high ground, weapon strategy, vehicles...all play a vital part.

Seeing that footage made me breathe easy as it doesn't look like they are going for the COD style of scripted action sequences.

Otherwise the campaign looked great and the multiplayer beta made me not want to play Halo 3 any more. So yeah, must buy. And thats before we get to Firefight mode with matchmaking. I have a feeling if I was to buy one game this gen, Halo Reach would be it.

yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I thought the first part of the level leading to the Saber (if it's really the first part) was extremely short and seemed extremely easy for some reason. The backdrops and everything looked amazing though. The planet is really getting ripped to shreds!

I must say that the space combat part really got me off my chair though! I seriously wasn't expecting a Spartan in space, Wing Commander/Star Fox style. They must include an online mode for this!

There isn't ant multi-player for the Space Combat, that scenerio is only playable once throughout the campaign.

That's what just said genius. 

Also, the fine folks of Blizzard would like to have a word with you.

It could be FPSOTY, or maybe not. It could be the most dissapointing FPOTY and Crysis 2 manages to become FPSOTY.

CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Does not compute.   I was implying that there COULD be multiplayer space combat. 

yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Does not compute.   I was implying that there COULD be multiplayer space combat. 

And no it could not be the most disappointing FPSOTY.  It will be the best.