By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on Halo Reach's gameplay footage from E3 2010?

zero129 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I thought the first part of the level leading to the Saber (if it's really the first part) was extremely short and seemed extremely easy for some reason. The backdrops and everything looked amazing though. The planet is really getting ripped to shreds!

I must say that the space combat part really got me off my chair though! I seriously wasn't expecting a Spartan in space, Wing Commander/Star Fox style. They must include an online mode for this!

There isn't ant multi-player for the Space Combat, that scenerio is only playable once throughout the campaign.

No they said it was the only Space Combat in the campaign, not the game.

As for what I think about it?  Game of the freaking year!

That's what just said genius. 

Also, the fine folks of Blizzard would like to have a word with you.

It could be FPSOTY, or maybe not. It could be the most dissapointing FPOTY and Crysis 2 manages to become FPSOTY.

Hmm we where talking about halo, and you bring in an RTS game??

and then once again downplay halo, i think you have another agenta with this whole topic and its clear to see.

look the chances of Halo Reach being bad are slime to none, and im willing to bet whatever you want on it are you?

The thing is, Halo Reach cannot be GOTY because StarCraft II is destined to be 2010's best game.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I thought the first part of the level leading to the Saber (if it's really the first part) was extremely short and seemed extremely easy for some reason. The backdrops and everything looked amazing though. The planet is really getting ripped to shreds!

I must say that the space combat part really got me off my chair though! I seriously wasn't expecting a Spartan in space, Wing Commander/Star Fox style. They must include an online mode for this!

There isn't ant multi-player for the Space Combat, that scenerio is only playable once throughout the campaign.

Does not compute.   I was implying that there COULD be multiplayer space combat. 

Ah, sorry. Bad mood today, saw 2012..... WORST MOVIE OF 2009! PERIOD!

However, it is a possibility. I don't know if it would work or not, I'm more excited for Halo Chess to be honest.

Space battles look fun but Gears 3 looks better

Halo reach looked great.

But SC2 is where its at.

CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Does not compute.   I was implying that there COULD be multiplayer space combat. 

However, it is a possibility. I don't know if it would work or not, I'm more excited for Halo Chess to be honest.

Aye I share your pain...it was a truly wretched movie.

But this is Bungie we are talking about....if they do make a multiplayer mode for space battle they would do a dang good job at it.  Space battles would also work great with firefight mode.

Around the Network
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Damnit. Oh well... at least Firefight 2.0 will keep me distracted for a long time.

No more spoilers tho please!

Reach is going to be glassed by the Covenant in the end.

The guy asked you not to post spoilers so you had to go ahead and post one of the biggest spoilers of the game?  Why did you even bother making this thread when it's obvious that you hate the game so much and nothing anyone can say at this point will change your already made up opinion of it?

Who are you to post spoilers about a game and tell gamers that enjoy the series and are looking forward to this game to not get excited about it? 

Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Damnit. Oh well... at least Firefight 2.0 will keep me distracted for a long time.

The guy asked you not to post spoilers so you had to go ahead and post one of the biggest spoilers of the game?  Why did you even bother making this thread when it's obvious that you hate the game so much?  All this thread is doing is making you act like an ass.  Who are you to post spoilers about a game and to tell gamers not to get excited about it?

Eerrrr...... When did I say that I hate Reach despite the fact the full game isn't out and I haven't played it yet. I said the gameplay footage looked decent and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not keeping my hopes up as it could be dissapointing. I'm not exactly sure if it will become one of the year's dissapointments. I just hope it offers the best campaign and story since Halo CE, Halo 2 & 3's campaign have dissapointed me because they didn't match the level of epicness of Halo: CE. Halo 3 ODST was close, but not quite.

It's good to expect the game to be average or below average, keeps you from being disappointed and lowers ridiculously high expectations. Also, I was just joking with the other guy. Everyone knows that Reach is going to be glassed in the end, Bungie have stated it numerous times. Halo Reach will provide players a more intimate view of the battle for Reach. I hope it's a satisfying and dramatic one, I don't want this series end with a whimper, I want it to end with a bang.

yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
yo_john117 said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Aye I share your pain...it was a truly wretched movie.

But this is Bungie we are talking about....if they do make a multiplayer mode for space battle they would do a dang good job at it.  Space battles would also work great with firefight mode.

It manage top Transformers Revenge of the Fallen as the worst of movie of 2009..... I never expected that to happen.

Yeah, Bungie always succeeded with multi-player. It would be nice for Space combat to be included as a multi-player mode.

CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

The guy asked you not to post spoilers so you had to go ahead and post one of the biggest spoilers of the game?  Why did you even bother making this thread when it's obvious that you hate the game so much?  All this thread is doing is making you act like an ass.  Who are you to post spoilers about a game and to tell gamers not to get excited about it?

Eerrrr...... When did I say that I hate Reach despite the fact the full game isn't out and I haven't played it yet. I said the gameplay footage looked decent and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not keeping my hopes up as it could be dissapointing. I'm not exactly sure if it will become one of the year's dissapointments. I just hope it offers the best campaign and story since Halo CE, Halo 2 & 3's campaign have dissapointed me because they didn't match the level of epicness of Halo: CE. Halo 3 ODST was close, but not quite.

It's good to expect the game to be average or below average, keeps you from being disappointed and lowers ridiculously high expectations. Also, I was just joking with the other guy. Everyone knows that Reach is going to be glassed in the end, Bungie have stated it numerous times. Halo Reach will provide players a more intimate view of the battle for Reach. I hope it's a satisfying and dramatic one, I don't want this series end with a whimper, I want it to end with a bang.

Why tell people that they should keep their expectations of this game as average or below average and then do the exact opposite in this thread with Starcraft 2? 

Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
Sidious said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CollectiveCynic said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Why tell people that they should keep their expectations of this game as average or below average and then do the exact opposite in this thread with Starcraft 2? 

Because it's StarCraft, it's a game from Blizzard studios.... enough said.