By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Chavez wins close Venezuela vote, say ministers

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSN0235721220071203

I for one think they're overtracking, and will wait for the NPD numbers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Crap. As much as I love what he's done for the countries impoverished majority, The power plays really worry me. I was hoping he'd lose this referendum.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

That sucks so much. Latin America can not get over these "caudillo" type of leaders. At least there is hope for Chile and ... and ... I mean ...

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

It doesn't quite suck yet. It was a democratic referendum and he does have the support of the majority in it. It just opens the door to possible sucking in the future. The true test comes when Hugo Chavez loses democratic support.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Crap. As much as I love what he's done for the countries impoverished majority, The power plays really worry me. I was hoping he'd lose this referendum.

He's done little for the impovershed majority except to take away their rights and send the country's oil money to  his idol (Fidel Castro).

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

you mean the oil for doctors deal? A plan to trade oil to Cuba for trained doctors (Cuba's doctors are well trained and go around the world to train others) to work in new hospitals in Venezuela's slums sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

The vast majority of Venezuela's people were completely left behind by their political leaders. While Chavez has wandered down some darker paths, nationalizing oil and focusing it's revenue on the countries needy has made a lot of people's lives better.

And if you're refering to the tv station he shut down. Yeah, that's not cool, but to be fair, during the short lived coup against him, it was the network that had the coup leaders on, leaders who thanked the network for their help in overthrowing him.

Well I'm venezuelan and all of this information is not public yet, but it seems that Chavez lost because the opposition seems very happy and the government seems unhappy about the election. I want Chavez to lose this referendum the changes he's proposing for the constitution are violations of democracy's principles like unlimited reelections for the president.

And Chavez has given medical care to the poor people but still security is a huge problem in this country, we have more weekly killings than Iraq and we're not at war. And by the way, Chavez doesn't want the poor people to come out of poverty, he wants to keep them like that so they would still depend on him for everything they need. Venezuela needs another president, he curses everyone that doesn't like his government and when he wants to make an appearance at a mass event then all the public workers are made to assist even against their will.

I get the feeling that no matter the outcome of any democratic vote in Venezuela Chavez will remain in charge.

Term limits are a good thing and while Chavez has done a lot of good he has done a lot of really rotten things like seize private land and shut down tv stations and newspapers that did not hold his views. I was really hoping he would lose.