By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kid Icarus 3DS - Brilliant Sakurai interview

jarrod said:
Wagram said:

The on rails flying is slightly disappointing. But I can live with it as long as they can make it work. I'm sure they can. When I get a 3DS I will pick this up.

The only flying section in the NES original was also "on rails". :P

Never played that. :/

This one looks promising though.

Around the Network
Vectorferret said:

I'm worried about using analog stick and stylus simultaneously. I was never very good at playing DS games that required buttons and styus at same time

Worse: to people like me (left-handed), this is doom. I was worried about 3DS games having this problem, and it seems it's true.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Wagram said:

The on rails flying is slightly disappointing. But I can live with it as long as they can make it work. I'm sure they can. When I get a 3DS I will pick this up.

It's very possible that by on-rails he means Sin and Punishment style on-rails, which is great.

Wagram said:
jarrod said:
Wagram said:

The only flying section in the NES original was also "on rails". :P

Never played that. :/

This one looks promising though.

Also remenber that Star Fox 64 is most of the time an on rail game, and eveybody know how great that game is.

Maneco said:
Vectorferret said:

I'm worried about using analog stick and stylus simultaneously. I was never very good at playing DS games that required buttons and styus at same time

Worse: to people like me (left-handed), this is doom. I was worried about 3DS games having this problem, and it seems it's true.

This will be determined by the actual controls needed in each game, so im not worried yet.

Asides, i have managed right hand controls fine on the Wii, i don't see how much more complicated this would be.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

very nice info, cant wait too play this game. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Maneco said:
Vectorferret said:

You would have used the right analog to aim in shooters and such pre-Wii though wouldn't you?

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
Vectorferret said:
Maneco said:
Vectorferret said:

You would have used the right analog to aim in shooters and such pre-Wii though wouldn't you?

I don't mind a left analogue stick, but this time, my left hand will be busy with the stylus, incapacitating me of playing the game well.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

Will definately get Kid Icarus.

Will probably also get the Lylat Wars port and the OoT port just so I can play those glorious games in 3D.

I will also get a good 2D platformer for it on sight.

I LOVE ICELAND!