By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Hardware Profitable

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:

Euro to Yen 5 years ratio

US$ to Yen 5 years ratio

The strong yen is going to make Sony bleed even more.

not anymore

yen has been bad  for atleast 2.5 years now

they are profiting with strong YEN since JAN this year so if conditions improve they will profit more

I'm sorry but you are miles off

The yen is the strongest it has been against the euro in 8 years and against the dollar in 5 years...

even if thats the case the profitability isn't affected as SONY wouldn't announce it now if that as the case

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:

US$ to Yen 5 years ratio

not anymore

they are profiting with strong YEN since JAN this year so if conditions improve they will profit more

The yen is the strongest it has been against the euro in 8 years and against the dollar in 5 years...

even if thats the case the profitability isn't affected as SONY wouldn't announce it now if that as the case

It is the case.  And of course they can still announce that the ps3 is now making a profit..(1 cent? 1 dollar? 10 dollars).. they are only talking about the profitability of one product... not the whole company.

yes and i am talking about that too

are you?

even if they are making low profit it is still profit,i was just questioning the user saying it just won't matter because of the YEN

Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:

US$ to Yen 5 years ratio

not anymore

It is the case.  And of course they can still announce that the ps3 is now making a profit..(1 cent? 1 dollar? 10 dollars).. they are only talking about the profitability of one product... not the whole company.

are you?

even if they are making low profit it is still profit,i was just questioning the user saying it just won't matter because of the YEN

Yeah high yen isn't good when you're an international company based in Japan.

If the price is the same but you get less yen per sale then your profit in yen goes down.

Regardless, hopefully this quarter the show a good profit.  They need to start making back those billions.

silicon said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:

US$ to Yen 5 years ratio

not anymore

are you?

If the price is the same but you get less yen per sale then your profit in yen goes down.

Regardless, hopefully this quarter the show a good profit.  They need to start making back those billions.

even if low profit

it is of signicant news as profit of any kind atleast stops loss what i meant

even if they are even,they make hugely from SW sales,easily more than $1-2billion from them

Those greedy people over at Sony! Who do they think they are trying to make money off what they sell??

Kidding ;)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
silicon said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:

US$ to Yen 5 years ratio

not anymore

are you?

even if low profit

even if they are even,they make hugely from SW sales,easily more than $1-2billion from them

are you saying that Sony corp will make $1-2billion profit as a result of software?

they will make profit but they will invest more than half into marketing and R&D

they make around $10 from every PS3 game at full price,they sold 110m many discounted

plus they have  PSP and PS2 games plus they made a 200m SW sales projection which will have more PS3 SW sales as PSP and PS2 SW sales drop

also they get more profit from their own game sales as publisher

ACtivision alone gave SONY $500m royalties in 2008 for SW,many more by other developers and their own games

kowenicki said:

from a recent Reuters report (mid may 2010)

"If the Greek crisis spreads and the European economy stalls, that would have a big impact," Sony Chief Financial Officer Nobuyuki Oneda told a news conference.

"If you ask me if Greece's problems are included in our operating profit forecast, the answer, regrettably, would be 'hardly'. It surfaced as a big problem just a few weeks ago."

these can happen anywhere but the point is that making profit or not

not making a loss is a big gain

Solid_Snake4RD, well have to wait to the financial report. I hope you are right, and things change, because as things are now, it's very probable that Sony Networking Division makes a big loss the next quarters.

Kynes said:

Solid_Snake4RD, well have to wait to the financial report. I hope you are right, and things change, because as things are now, it's very probable that Sony Networking Division makes a big loss the next quarters.

SONY won't make any loss from this quarter atleast not on PS3 side

unless their RSX came very late

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
silicon said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:

US$ to Yen 5 years ratio

not anymore

are you?

even if low profit

are you saying that Sony corp will make $1-2billion profit as a result of software?

they will make profit but they will invest more than half into marketing and R&D

they make around $10 from every PS3 game at full price,they sold 110m many discounted

plus they have  PSP and PS2 games plus they made a 200m SW sales projection which will have more PS3 SW sales as PSP and PS2 SW sales drop

also they get more profit from their own game sales as publisher

ACtivision alone gave SONY $500m royalties in 2008 for SW,many more by other developers and their own games

you continue to confuse revenue and profit..

they are vastly different... especially when your profit margin is as tiny as Sony's is  (2% I believe)

how do i confuse between revenue and profit,how the fuck exactly?

you think Activisions royalties are revenue???????????????????????????????????????