By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Hardware Profitable

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Zlejedi said:
ghinasky said:

Sony PlayStation 3 already made history 4 years as the longest running console that is hack & piracy free.

And this fact is a new hope for the video games industry.

That's also reason why it has 3rd place in console race ;)

its in 3rd place because of no piracy?????????????????????????????

Ha ha. I like how you've replied to pretty much every post in this thread.

The lack of Piracy could in fact result in weaker hardware sales because the people who would buy the console and simply pirate the games, aren't going to buy the console...because they can't pirate the games.

Interesting theory.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said

I think he's refering to the Japanese sales only.

PS3 has been profitable in JAPAN for a long time

Link?

PS3 slim was making loss which could be recovered from SW sales so it was profiting in JAPAN,less the shipping,customs,duties,taxes in US

PS3 FAT $399 was selling for $40 loss when YEN was worse than it is today so it

PS3 was making under $10 profit in USA from JAN-MAR 2010 period so it would be making much more in JAPAN

So you're speculating that. Ok.

It's good that they may be making a profit on hardware, but it's only a small step to overall profitability. The PS2 and PSP are bringing in less profit, so the PS3 needs to be gaining just to offset those losses.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said

Link?

PS3 slim was making loss which could be recovered from SW sales so it was profiting in JAPAN,less the shipping,customs,duties,taxes in US

PS3 was making under $10 profit in USA from JAN-MAR 2010 period so it would be making much more in JAPAN

if prediction is speculating then this site isn't much better for you

specialops787 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Zlejedi said:
ghinasky said:

Sony PlayStation 3 already made history 4 years as the longest running console that is hack & piracy free.

And this fact is a new hope for the video games industry.

That's also reason why it has 3rd place in console race ;)

its in 3rd place because of no piracy?????????????????????????????

Ha ha. I like how you've replied to pretty much every post in this thread.

The lack of Piracy could in fact result in weaker hardware sales because the people who would buy the console and simply pirate the games, aren't going to buy the console...because they can't pirate the games.

Interesting theory.

piracy makes HW sales but not that much

like that 360 should be much higher in sales

interesting theory

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said

Link?

Please, don't compare what you have done with all the work the admins and analysts of VGChartz make. That's presumptuous.

What it got to do with Japanese yen? Its more to do with China Renmingbi cause PS3 and other consoles are made at the mass suicide house aka Foxconn, we all want cheap consoles, and forget the real cost behind it...

Oh, what the hell, I'll still buy cheap 3DS when it comes out, even if it was made in Foxconn. 

Sony's accounting is made in yens. Most of their employees are in Japan. Even if their contracts are in yuans or US$, they have to pay to their employees, so that's why even they use it as one of the excuses of their losses in the networking division:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/viewer/09q4/slide/image/10_image.jpg

Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said

Link?

Please, don't compare what you have done with all the work the admins and analysts of VGChartz make. That's presumptuous.

no not comparing but on the forums we do make predictions and after 4 years on this site and following prices,your predictions are alot better

I'm sure that the PSN is losing money, but the PSN plus thing could help out a lot.  There's a lot of $$$$$ that Sony is leaving on the table by not charging for premium services but thankfully this has recently been fixed :)

Also, the Steamworks thing that Sony is getting, and will have on many new games after the 2nd half of 2010, will add marketshare for the PS3 and give Sony access to the heavy computer users, a group that up until now has been heavily favoring the 360, and will increase the marketshare in a way that won't require Sony to spend any $$$$.

So, I think that Sony will be doing slightly better in 2011 than 2010.                

At least Sony is not messing things up tactically like MS, spending so much on the kinect that they are having to forego the usual amount of new games for the next year.  The announced games for MS's 2011 looks to be trailing behind Sony significantly, well the geniuses working at MS are deciding to ignore the shooter and action kinds of games that make MS a big thing and instead make a bunch of casuals that will target a less desireable audience.