Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

SONY WAS MAKING under $10 profit from JAN-MAR 2010 period

but they are now make good profit after 40 RSX induction

Repeating it one thousand times doesn't make it the truth.

SONY's CFO announced it not me

and i was just replaying to CGI as i had mentioned this very earlier in the thread that he may not know off

He didn't said that they were making good profit. His words are  "This year is the first time that we are able to cover the cost of the PlayStation 3," Yoshida said. "We aren't making huge money from hardware, but we aren't bleeding like we used to."

You are distorting his words, and impliying things that are not true.

i was not talking what the PResident said but what the SONY CFO previously said

and the good profit was from my site meant they are atleast making sure profit aand not losing

SONY was making under$10 profit from JAN-MAR period,that could be taken out but now WITH rsx THEY ARE MAKING SURE PROFIT

You're pulling it out of your ass.

how exactly???????????

Around the Network

Some people here sure love to hate SONY over loving gaming.  That's a hater for you, NOT a gamer.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

kowenicki said:
Jordahn said:

Some people here sure love to hate SONY over loving gaming.  That's a hater for you, NOT a gamer.

no.. some people have a genuine interest in business and finance...

cut the insults.

It's not an insult when it's the plain truth.  And some people would agree that you are constantly insulting people's intelligence when you try to pass your bias of as "reason."  Take your own advice first.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
kowenicki said:
Jordahn said:

cut the insults.

It's not an insult when it's the plain truth.  And some people would agree that you are constantly insulting people's intelligence when you try to pass your bias of as "reason."  Take your own advice first.

So now economics 101 is bias?

kowenicki said:
Kynes said:
Jordahn said:
kowenicki said:
Jordahn said:

cut the insults.

So now economics 101 is bias?

apparently....  its how it is here. 

anything that may reflect badly on sony is bias, hate, fanboyism and and and... its pathetic.

all you and I are doing is stating facts and realties.. the fact that people resort to insults as a come back says a lot.

its the same for 360 and Nintendo

you may not realise but people get on top of you

Around the Network

I haven't read through the whole thread because of the heavy discussions going on here so I might have missed this bit of information but does this include additional expenses (stocking, shipping, PSN, etc...) or is it just hardware?

Additonal costs would explain why Sony was still posting a loss in their latest financial report. And it still remains to be seen what the actual results will be if that is the case.

Congratulations Sony.

And wow, at some of the bad apples in this thread.

Chill out...

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Not really. Microsoft is profiting with the yen strengh. Nintendo is having their profits reduced, and by a huge amount, but they will still have billions of dollars in profits. Sony made their forecast for the 2010 fiscal year with a €/Yen ratio of 125, today it's at 108. That's a 13.6% reduction in income from Europe, their strongest market. Tomorrow the VAT in Spain goes from 16% to 18%. Sony is going to absorb it. In the UK it's going to be 20%, and probably it's going to happen the same. Don't you think this is going to hit more Sony than Microsoft or Nintendo, being in a much weaker position?

UncleScrooge said:

I haven't read through the whole thread because of the heavy discussions going on here so I might have missed this bit of information but does this include additional expenses (stocking, shipping, PSN, etc...) or is it just hardware?

Additonal costs would explain why Sony was still posting a loss in their latest financial report. And it still remains to be seen what the actual results will be if that is the case.

stocking comes in PS3 expense

and this includes it and the manufactury cost and shipping of the console and still making profit

PSN is not included

the lastest FINANCIAL REPORT was for 2009-2010 year where sony was losing on PS3 FAT,HUGE PS3 SLIM STOCKINGS,HEAVY DISCOUNT FOR SELLING OUT PS3 FAT BEFORE PS3 SLIM launch

PS3 SLIM was losing very low amount which could be overcome by Software sales but previous losses in the year were too much to recover by PS3 and SW sales so there was loss showed in the FINANCIAL REPORT

from JAN-MAR 2010 SONY started making under-$10 profit on PS2 SLIM HW too

From MAY 2010 end SONY started shipping 40nm RSX PS3's which make more profit now

Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Not really. Microsoft is profiting with the yen strengh. Nintendo is having their profits reduced, and by a huge amount, but they will still have billions of dollars in profits. Sony made their forecast for the 2010 fiscal year with a €/Yen ratio of 125, today it's at 108. That's a 13.6% reduction in income from Europe, their strongest market. Tomorrow the VAT in Spain goes from 16% to 18%. Sony is going to absorb it. In the UK it's going to be 20%, and probably it's going to happen the same. Don't you think this is going to hit more Sony than Microsoft or Nintendo, being in a much weaker position?

i was talking about the fanboyism/bashing on this site not sales when replying to kowenchi's last post

and abt this,yes it is going to hit SONY but atleast they are not making PS3 loss