By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - John Schappert talks EA/Sony relationship - PS3 Doing "Incredibly Well"

IGN just put up an interview with EA's John Schappert, titled EA's Love Affair With PlayStation 3.

Some interesting quotes from the man himself:

"We're platform agnostic. We sell more software on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 than anybody," said Schappert. "That being said, we partnered with Sony on the press conference; we were on their stage and got to announce some things."

"I wouldn't read too much into what we're showing the demos on, but I will tell you, in the marketplace, the PlayStation 3 is doing incredibly well."

"Since Sony changed the PS3 form factor, rolled out the Kevin Butler marketing campaign, and launched some great content, the box is on fire," he said. "Now the problem is you haven't been able to find it at retail, it's been out of stock. But I think they'll fix that soon."

"We have high hopes on the PlayStation 3 this year. Again, we like them all, but PlayStation 3 is doing very strong right now," he added.

EA plans to launch two separate special editions exclusively for PlayStation 3 later this year. One for Dead Space 2, which includes Dead Space: Extraction with PlayStation Move support, and another for Medal of Honor, which includes a remastered version of Medal of Honor: Frontline.

"It was a great opportunity to work with Sony on genres that they were very interested in promoting for the PlayStation 3," Schappert said. "We were able to make use of the Blu-ray disc with the larger storage space and add additional content on the disc without sacrificing anything from the core game."

Around the Network

i know im loving it. Long live the EA/Sony Relationship

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Is it just me, or did Schappet work for M$? I could have sworn he was at their press conference last year... this might just me be though

Anyway, it is quite interesting to see Sony siding with EA more, and Activision with M$ in general. Also good that we will get MoH Frontlines, a game I missed out on

He was quite high in M$ - After Peter Moore left to go to EA - John took over his position (me thinks) - funny how things change.  I wonder how Phil Harrison is going at activision?

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Well their were only 2 consoles for them to pick from as all party 3's hate Nintendo and the Wii. Sony is selling better than Microsoft as of now so I can see why he likes the P.S.3 best right now.

Around the Network
finalsquall said:

He was quite high in M$ - After Peter Moore left to go to EA - John took over his position (me thinks) - funny how things change.  I wonder how Phil Harrison is going at activision?

I doubt Phil would ever head to a company like Activision.

Yeah I read this over at IGN..I for one am really happy and hope this keeps up..I'll take EA over Activision any day

and yea MOH = Day 1 , the frontline bonus is awesome

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

With Activision going the MS route, of course their largest competitor (EA) is going to go with Sony.  

It's just marketing talk. Trying to be friends with everyone. 

Besides, Sony doesn't need EA's little peanuts with such a strong first party. Those minutes EA got at the Sony conference were much more valuable to EA than they were to Sony.

nice way to butter us all up for your games EA I was getting Dead Space 2 anyway lol

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1