By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers E3 BEST GRAPHICS award - Kirby Epic Yarn!

WOW, don't get me wrong, Kirby's art style is nice.....BUT it doesn't deserve the Best graphics award.

In fact Kirby's game shouldn't of even been on the list, it should of been Metroide other M.

Gametrailers just sucks, don't belove me, just download their HD videos, can't even get that right, their HD compression sucks, so much artifacting, so I guess we know where they stand when it comes to graphics ;)

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
Boutros said:

But graphics are not the same thing as art style and overall beauty.

I also agree that Kirby is one of the most beautiful game shown at E3 but the best graphics is another thing.

What's graphics then? How many gray pixels can we put on a screen? I think graphics should have game design, art style and creativity. For example I'd put Children of Eden over any of those generic FPS on that video.

I agree with you alfredofroylan.  The graphics are what you see on the screen.  While art style and overall beauty are components of the graphics they should not be differing categories.  All of the components should make up the whole of the award.  Therefore, if one game, such as the new Kirby, is especially strong in certain categories of graphics while lacking in others, but the advanteges in these categories is quite strong, then it should receive the award.

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.

Epic Fail

Kirby was pretty much the most unique and prettiest thing I looked at during E3, I agree with the award.

Boutros said:

I also agree that Kirby is one of the most beautiful game shown at E3 but the best graphics is another thing.

My sarcasm-detector is going off, but I have a sad feeling it is a false alarm.

Son, I am disappoint.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
alfredofroylan said:
Boutros said:

What's graphics then? How many gray pixels can we put on a screen? I think graphics should have game design, art style and creativity. For example I'd put Children of Eden over any of those generic FPS on that video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_graphics

Indeed. Graphics are the visual representation of image data (in this case of a game).

It's undefendable to say art style has nothing to do with graphics. A synonym for graphics is visuals. They're being used interchangeably. In other words: graphics is everything you see on the screen. Best graphics = best looking game.

Grunt06 said:

Epic Fail

(This is being said in the most polite manner)

Please contribute to the discussion more rationally then simply saying two words and leaving. You could have made some sort of intellectual point other then simply letting all of us know you affect and moving on.

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.

Pyro as Bill said:

that sadly sums it up pretty good.

i'm so sick of the gray/brown-ish shooters. imo they are ugly (technically they might be impressive). the only shooter i still enjoy playing is team fortress 2.

I just think it might be insulting for the studio who worked really hard to make a game as polished as possible like Crytek or Guerilla Games.

But for example, it's true that I prefer the visuals of Mario Kart Wii over the ones of Modnation Racers. It's not always about pixels indeed.

And grey is not always a bad thing in games.

Boutros said:

I just think it might be insulting for the studio who worked really hard to make a game as polished as possible like Crytek or Guerilla Games.

But for example, it's true that I prefer the visuals of Mario Kart Wii over the ones of Modnation Racers. It's not always about pixels indeed.

And grey is not always a bad thing in games.

You know, they could learn a thing or two from Nintendo and not feel insulted then. Who said they didn't work hard on Kirby btw? =P It looks really good to me and I'm used to PC graphics, so yeah....