By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sales of 3D-TV's in the US

ha we had a laser disc, yep big old huge record sized disks that you had to flip over to play halfway through

lots of great movies on it though we had, like star wars trilogy, mrs. doubtfire, turtles movies, ben hur and so on.

Around the Network
Albion said:

Well im happy i never bought a HDTV. I knew that was going to be a waste of money. Call it spider sense.

Is there much more they can add to a TV at this point?

Not much. Quad HD makes not much sense since the Eye cant recognize much more theen 1080p. Quad HD also requires new standards for the broadcasting and probably wont catch on since the advantage can be seen just on huge TVS (100 inch). Parabolic TVs are expensive and its not sure if the design will be the future. But its imo no good reason to wait. With a 3D TV you are pretty much future proof. They cant add much more in the next future which is worthy to wait even longer. Imo 2010-2012 is the best time to buy an HDTV since there will be a long period of stagnation now. It will take a long time for glassless 3d TVS which will be really really expenisive also the broadcasting will be problematic since they require 15 times more capacity.

Also the infrastructure for 1080p is relatively new and 3D is is also calculated in. You can be sure that you will be a long time on the same level as all others probably longer then your TV will last. 15 years easily. HDTV is 15 years old and catches now really on. I will buy one probably this Christmas 2011 or 2012 are imo very good years to come in since it will be common and way cheaper. I would say a Plasma 3D Tv is probably the best thing on the market currently. best Picture Quality without and with 3D.

3d will be big ya'll know its just like bluray it was bashed and now it took over it took time but it eventually did it prices are lower now for bluray and the same will happen for 3D

i my self will be added to the article in a few weeks i will be buying a lg infinia 47lx9500 and for the less tec savy thats a 480hz refresh rate it will be my 1st hdtv i own

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

3d will be big ya'll know its just like bluray it was bashed and now it took over it took time but it eventually did it prices are lower now for bluray and the same will happen for 3D

i my self will be added to the article in a few weeks i will be buying a lg infinia 47lx9500 and for the less tec savy thats a 480hz refresh rate it will be my 1st hdtv i own

can i invade your place i wanna see:P:P

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

BHR-3 said:

Then how many pairs of $200 glasses are you gonna buy?

Around the Network
superchunk said:
BHR-3 said:

you have to remember, no on in the entire world ever pays retail price for things.  They are all just decoration in stores for people to look at and then get excited when they find them super cheap somewhere else on their own about the good deal.

irstupid said:
superchunk said:
BHR-3 said:

you have to remember, no on in the entire world ever pays retail price for things.  They are all just decoration in stores for people to look at and then get excited when they find them super cheap somewhere else on their own about the good deal.

Still, you're not going to spend less than $100 and that's just crazy unless your a lonely kid with no friends/family.

superchunk said:
irstupid said:
superchunk said:
BHR-3 said:

Still, you're not going to spend less than $100 and that's just crazy unless your a lonely kid with no friends/family.

Welcome to VGChartz

SamuelRSmith said:
superchunk said:
irstupid said:
superchunk said:
BHR-3 said:

Welcome to VGChartz

LOL, nope. I have tons of friends and a big house full of wife and kids. Its absolutely the worst idea ever to create 3D at home the way Sony and others have chosen. There is NOOOO freakin way I'm buying enough glasses to watch a world cup game with my buddies, nor would I let my 4,6,and 7 year old wear them to watch the latest movie. They really should have followed the theater approach and used a passive system.

superchunk said:
irstupid said:
superchunk said:
BHR-3 said:

i was joking, cause i figured he woudl come in and say "i found a deal and only paid $50 for the glasses through this place"  or my dad's cousins kid works a this place and cut me a deal, ect.

whenever price is brought up as something too expensive people always jump in and say "you can get it here or i got it for this, ect."

The main point is, those retail prices are there, if no one was buying them they wouldn't be that priced.  Most of all sales are retail prices and saying "you can get this 3dtv, these 4 glasses and this 3d player for this cheap" is bullshit, because that is not how 95% of the people buying these thigns are buying them, or should say not buying them