By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Huge Steam summer sale

I bought Ghost Master and Thief. Ghost Master won't go down from where it is ($0.95!), and Thief seems to be a game that I'll play between now and December.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

Looks like Shatter's done well, taken from NeoGAF-

Thanks for all the GAF support for Shatter during the sale yesterday.

The online reporting will be a little foggy until we get a few days clear of it. However, by applying a comprehensive analysis I believe I can accurately estimate the number of copies sold at "shitloads".

It is even possible that we sold more than twice as many copies of Shatter yesterday alone as we have sold since initial release in March right up until the sale.
Another quote-
Same thing basically happened for Droplitz by Atlus / Blitz. I bought the PC version when it went on sale for $2 (regularly $10) and they only had 100 people on their leaderboards. By the end of the sale they had 16,000.

The power of Steam sales...

dobby985 said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Question, does the original xcom on steam work on a windows 7 computer?

Doesn't it run in Dosbox?

Hadn't considered that. Of course it would.

I sined of glutony... i bought the THQ pack, now I have one year's worth of games at the rate I play :p

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I purchased several games from the sale so far. I've mostly been playing Street Fighter IV online. That game has really grown on me recently.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack is a good deal at 75% off.

Foamer said:

Looks like Shatter's done well, taken from NeoGAF-

Thanks for all the GAF support for Shatter during the sale yesterday.

The online reporting will be a little foggy until we get a few days clear of it. However, by applying a comprehensive analysis I believe I can accurately estimate the number of copies sold at "shitloads".

It is even possible that we sold more than twice as many copies of Shatter yesterday alone as we have sold since initial release in March right up until the sale.
Another quote-
Same thing basically happened for Droplitz by Atlus / Blitz. I bought the PC version when it went on sale for $2 (regularly $10) and they only had 100 people on their leaderboards. By the end of the sale they had 16,000.

The power of Steam sales...

The underlined part is the most interesting. That's awesome.

Quite incredible isn't it? Just shows the massive boost a game can get through simply dropping the price. Plus it's a perfect riposte to anyone doubting that companies are making money through Steam sales.

Foamer said:

Quite incredible isn't it? Just shows the massive boost a game can get through simply dropping the price. Plus it's a perfect riposte to anyone doubting that companies are making money through Steam sales.

Yeah, but those price drops are so dramatic that people are buying even games they don't really want. I snatched 2 games just because that price was too low to say no :)

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Yep, same here. I've also bought several games (Bioshock, King's Bounty, The Witcher, Max Payne 1 and 2, Deus Ex, Civ 4, World of Goo, The Movies, Psychonauts and KOTOR)  when they were on sale that I already own on disc. The devs must love me :)