By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

First day buy for me. Couldn't get into XI very well, was still hardcore into EQ. But this has a chance to become my main game.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
dharh said:

First day buy for me. Couldn't get into XI very well, was still hardcore into EQ. But this has a chance to become my main game.

Awesome, you getting it on the PC?

Wagram said:
dharh said:

For collection purposes one unopened for my PS3. For play purposes, PC.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
Wagram said:
dharh said:

Hi fivez. Got two copies eventually otw.

poroporo said:
dharh said:
Wagram said:
dharh said:

Hi fivez. Got two copies eventually otw.

Seems like we all are doing this. Lol.

Around the Network

ScrawlFX names Final Fantasy XIV MMORPG of E3 2010.

Final Fantasy XIV looks great. With its beta phase in the near future and a release date set for September on PC and March on PS3, Square Enix’s new MMORPG launch is that much closer to reality. The game features many much needed improvements from Square Enix’s first MMO, Final Fantasy XI. Improved character classes and more solo-based progression look like they’re truly expanding the player experience. Not to be forgotten, we’ve never seen an MMO that looks this good visually. This was easily our favorite MMO of the show.

Blurb contributed by Erren Van Duine.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/07/best-of-e3-2010-awards

This is fantastic news! Maybe it would have won more awards if the game wasn't strictly invite only.

Hah...

I just ran the benchmark they put out on my PC. It comes in at a mere 1645 points which probably isn't good enough to run it.

Running on: Amd 2,6 Ghz dual  4gb ram on xp (so 3 used) with an Ati 3850 256mb

Should upgrading to Win7 64 bit and using that last gig of ram make any difference?

weaveworld said:

Hah...

I just ran the benchmark they put out on my PC. It comes in at a mere 1645 points which probably isn't good enough to run it.

Running on: Amd 2,6 Ghz dual  4gb ram on xp (so 3 used) with an Ati 3850 256mb

Should upgrading to Win7 64 bit and using that last gig of ram make any difference?

You will be able to run it on the lowest of settings. May lag in citys though. Consider upgrading your graphics card. It is really old.

Updated OP players list. Will be posting new pre-order stats when VGChartz releases them.

That thread is way to long,maybe I'll read it later. lol