By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

oldschoolfool said:

That thread is way to long,maybe I'll read it later. lol

Haha. It is long, but it could have been WAYYYYY longer. But I only posted what was necessary for everyone to hear. I don't like how mainly in all the Official Threads the game is blatantly destroyed with spoilers before it comes out. I'm not that way, so that's all you get!

Around the Network
weaveworld said:

Hah...

I just ran the benchmark they put out on my PC. It comes in at a mere 1645 points which probably isn't good enough to run it.

Running on: Amd 2,6 Ghz dual  4gb ram on xp (so 3 used) with an Ati 3850 256mb

Should upgrading to Win7 64 bit and using that last gig of ram make any difference?

Specs for the game are sick according to the benchmark...  I clocked in at just over 3k I think..

Intel Q6700 (Quad core 2.67)
4 Gigs of RAM (Windows 7 - 74 bit)
ATI 4850 Video

Should see Wagram's PC and he only hit somewhere in the 5000 range 0.o

This game is scaring me :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:
weaveworld said:

Hah...

I just ran the benchmark they put out on my PC. It comes in at a mere 1645 points which probably isn't good enough to run it.

Should upgrading to Win7 64 bit and using that last gig of ram make any difference?

Specs for the game are sick according to the benchmark...  I clocked in at just over 3k I think..

ATI 4850 Video

<teasing>

But then they'd have to build processors that are compliant with this unique operating system you're using. :D

</teasing>

poroporo said:
Tanstalas said:
weaveworld said:

Hah...

ATI 4850 Video

<teasing>

But then they'd have to build processors that are compliant with this unique operating system you're using. :D

</teasing>

Yeah, Bill and I go way back, he added 10 more bits for me

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Seriously, why doesn't the benchmark use crossfire/sli? I'm crying at my score (4k low, 2.5k high) and my second card is standing still at 0% use... :(

Around the Network
Wagram said:
weaveworld said:

Hah...

You will be able to run it on the lowest of settings. May lag in citys though. Consider upgrading your graphics card. It is really old.

But is upgrading just my graphics card gonna cut it?

Yes, if you upgrade you should be fine.

This is a nice upgrade : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130562

Phew. I'm back. Internet was down for a day. Well it wasn't "down" per say, but it was running slower than dial up.

DO NOT GET VERIZON!! THEY BLOW!

oh and it has been confirmed that the game will take advantage of crossfire, all cores, and that SLI thing when the game launches.

Tanstalas said:
weaveworld said:

Hah...

ATI 4850 Video

Your more than fine to play the game by the way. I wouldn't sweat it. I have heard reports of people with only 1k clocking in with smooth frame rates (except for cities).

Square has posted the recommended system requirements on the Official JPN website.

Intel i7 2.66ghz

4 GB of Ram

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 768 VRAM

Direct X 9

(These may change, they are not final as of yet)

....btw those are some pretty damn high settings for a MMO! I like it!