By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I bought a PS3

Solid said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Hey wait, LBP is mine too!

I was going to say that you must absolutely get Valkyria Chronicles, but it has already been done I see. So how about some PSN games? Crash Commando, Wipeout HD and Super Stardust HD are pretty fun. I heard Flower is a masterpiece.

Hum, I now have Little Big Planet too since it came with my second controller :P

o wat. Then we must play! (tomorrow...)

*EDIT: Oh wait actually, try most of Insomniac Games' games. I played my first Ratchet & Clank and it wasn't that bad. Also, I really liked Resistance 2 for some reason.

Oh oh oh last suggestion: Red Dead Redemption (assuming it won't come out on PC soon).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
Solid said:

Yeah, I thought of getting Valkyria Chronicles and both Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2 eventually.

For inFamous, I might give it a try.

Buzz! I dont think I'll get it since I have a Wii for friends and family.

I'll have a look at Warhawk, thanks!

Does the Wii have a Buzz type game? If not it's a really fun social game so just because you have Wii for social gaming doesn't mean you can't use the right sort of PS3 games for the same purpose. I'd totally understand if someone suggested you get Move Sports Champion knowing you already have all the motion control gaming you need on the Wii.

I suggest you at least rent Buzz next time you feel like some social gaming and see if it's a game that suits your tastes. If nothing else Buzz is fun to hear some of the snide and sarcastic comments coming from the "Host" of the game show.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

borrow/rent resistance:FoM, then get the resistance 2 controller bundle

You should give Folklore and 3D Dot Game Heroes a try, both are pretty good games.

Folklore is more on the action-RPG/monster capturing theme, while 3D Dot Game Heroes is a homage to the old school Zelda games, with a lot of inside jokes to From Software games like Demon's Souls and other video game classics too. 

Also, I don't know if you played it on PC, but Dead Space is also a must. Pretty much the best horror game of this generation for me

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I say thats enough games..lol

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:

It's never enough :P

And yeah, I'll give 3D Dot Game Heroes a try. It looks pretty fun ^^

Solid said:
Cthulhu said:

It's never enough :P

And yeah, I'll give 3D Dot Game Heroes a try. It looks pretty fun ^^

Hope you enjoy 3D Dot Game Heroes  

Only bad thing the game has it's a crappy mini game called Dash Run. It will drive you insane if you try to beat the necessary records >_< 

Every other mini game, from Block Defense to Block out is amazing though

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Man, without fear! Get inFamous, God Of War 3, Resistance 1 & 2.

im happy for u

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Yakuza 3

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5