By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hold on a second... the US federal reserve bank is... PRIVATE?

I just found out about this, I'm an Australian so it doesn't affect me directly - but seriously?

What are peoples opinions on this?

It's under the control of private banks that are not disclosed publically whom control the members? How can US citizens accept what is happening in your country?

Can the US really be saved? The Real ID system comes in soon and the constitution is virtually null and void now anyway... what is the world coming to :(

What can we do? The federal reserve needs to be squashed.

I'm not going to say that i'm highly educated on a lot of things to do with US matters, I'm just asking for discussion about that and wondering if people know - I can't state a lot of things because i'm not from the USA, however indirectly it effects the rest of the world.

Around the Network

"The Federal Reserve System is a quasi-governmental/quasi-private banking system composed of (1) the presidentially-appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open Market Committee; (3) 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors; (4) numerous private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks; and (5) various advisory councils." - Wikipedia

So it's much more complicated than that. I suggest you read the rest of that article to understand how it works in practice.

My country has the Bank of England, which is completely public, so it doesn't affect me either.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Well most americans sit by and let it happen because they do not know about it. And most who do know about it feel there is nothing they can do and are not in a position of power. I would surmise that the people who are in positions of power likely are the shareholders in said private bank. (Seriously, look at how many politicians earn 7 figures, its kinda scary.)

Second, how does america get out of it without tarnishing its trust in paying back money owed? I mean if america jips its primary lender what would other countries think? Would they still allow trade deficeits knowing we might not pay it back?

About the Real ID... well my only real beef about it is that it will cost americans money that could be better spent elsewhere. Because there is really no point in having a national id system if we aren't full protecting the boarders and prosecuting illegal residents.

As far as the constitution being null and void now... well that really does show how little you know about the usa (don't take it personal as most people in america think so too). Anyone who knows about history will tell you that the stuff made legal though previously illegal was all going on before and absolutly jack was done about it.

So talk about the gold standard and the value of paper then?

I understand the Federal Reserve, but the 'presidentially-appointed Board of Governors' are the only involvement that the Government has, and the selection of members for that board can only be selected from a group of people that are appointed by the private undisclosed banks.

In other words, the private banks give a list of representatives that the present can choose from, he chooses his already 'pre-picked' men and that's it.

How is that at all in the interest of the people? It's in the interest of the bankers and the rich getting richer again.

It's also against the constitution - The Constitution gives only Congress the right to print money.

Well the original idea was that it should not be bound to the government, so when the government changes the bank works regardless who is in charge. This way it could stabilize the economy and not be hold ransom.
Strange thing is the main reason why you had an american revolution against the british was because the founding fathers were against the whole central bank idea that the british imposed.

Around the Network

Is this a solution?
Currently all we do is exchange FED money (interest attached) for real U.S. money (interest-free) dollar for dollar as Kennedy tried to do. We should not be required to pay interest on our own currency. According to Benjamin Franklin, this was one of the primary reasons we fought the Revolutionary War. Today we are still fighting the same family of bankers (Reference 4, Reference 1, P. 211, 212).

The U.S. Government can buy back the FED at any time for $450 million (per Congressional record). The U.S. Treasury could then collect all the profit on our money instead of the 300 original shareholders of the FED. The $4 trillion of U.S. debt could be exchanged dollar for dollar with U.S. non- interest bearing currency when the debt becomes due. There would be no inflation because there would be no additional currency in circulation. Personal income tax could be cut if we bought back the FED and therefore, the economy would expand. According to the Constitution, Congress is to control the creation of money, keeping the amount of inflation or deflation in check. If Congress isn't doing their job, they should be voted out of office. Unfortunately, voters can't vote the FED or its Chairman out of office.

If the government has a deficit, we could handle it as Lincoln and Kennedy did. Print money and circulate it into the economy, but this time interest-free. Today the FED, through foreign banks, owns much of our debt and therefore controls us. The FED will cease to exist as taxpayers become informed and tell other taxpayers. The news media and Congress will have no choice but to meet the demands of grass roots America. (Reference 1, P. 17, 22)

If you want more - read this -  http://www.apfn.org/APFN/fed_reserve.htm

Also, I can't say my comment about the constitution being null and void being an educated one, all I know is what I can see was a foreigner of the US, and it's certainly not looking like a good place to be - especially when we can see quite transparently how badly the media spins everything there.

I heard someone say I think in a move recently "it's one of the worst times in history to be an American" which i completely believe... outside of America even within their allies their current government (not the people of America) is not very well liked.

@OriGin -- I am not sure what your issue is. The US has a lot of strange non-government, governmental entites. And the Federal Reserve (or its predessohas worked, sometimes even well, for almost a century.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Just ask yourself the question, who runs the worlds banking? who runs the world by proxy? and yet they are a fraction of 1% of the worlds population?

Then you will relise how and why the masses are being exploited and by who?

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Personally, I believe that the US Federal Reserve is already too influenced by politics ...

For over a decade the Federal Reserve has maintained artifically low interest rates to prevent recessions because higher inflation is more politically acceptable than lower growth; the side effect is large speculative bubbles (each one bigger than the last) which threaten to collapse the entire ecconomy when they burst.

I would account artificially low interest rates as being way for the rich to get richer. If inflation is high guess who has to borrow money? Thats right people who aren't increasing their income as fast as inflation and can't (or won't) lower their means. They borrow money. They pay it back, albiet at low interest but if interest rates were high they wouldn't have borrowed in the first place. The rich get richer.