By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New HD InFamous 2 screens amazing graphics!

Looks absolutely Gorgeous.

Teh Power of TEH Cell

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

I dunno what consensus your talking about buy pretty much everywhere I read hands on previews it said how impressive KZ3 looked and that it had improved on the previous game...show me where it says it looks exactly the same

Killzone 3 looks familiar too; development began just as Killzone 2 shipped and naturally it uses the same engine as that game.

I really thought they would have improved it significantly beyond merely MLAA, it seems the standard now is sandbox.

M.U.G.E.N said:

and second, you said it looks identical to the first which makes me wonder have you even played the original game?

Of course. It was atypical visuals for the time, well deserving of "8" graphics status.

M.U.G.E.N said:

Cuz I assure you this looks much better already....and about the IGN score you tried to use for proof, i can easily find you several other reviews that gave it a higher score on other sites as well...but in general inFamous 1 was recieved as a pretty good looking game...

Again, i'm not disputing that, I would describe it as quite commonplace to look better then Infamous , not only with games released today, but other games at the time.

Yes, I would agree that inFamous was a pretty good looking game in the same way an 8.5/10.0 for visuals is "a pretty good score"...but then you can say that about 7 or 8 games every month (the critacally panned lost planet 2 for one and RDR come to mind scored the same or better)

M.U.G.E.N said:

This game will look even better that's for certain...I am willing to even take a bet on that cuz it's an easy win for me...will be the level of UC2 and GOW3?

You make it sound like that's difficult.

M.U.G.E.N said:

will be the level of UC2 and GOW3? Dunno yet will have to see the final product which is still one year away to come

I think we can say now that it won't, it won't and it definitely won't. 8.5 again with an outside chance of 9.0.

Assuming that's the case, would it be ok for me to make a thread about any game that scored that with the suffix of "amazing graphics" attached? Seems a bit like grasping at straws IMO....maybe because it's exclusive? How come no-one says that about RDR or Bayonetta.

M.U.G.E.N said:

especially when everyone else is impressed by it

The only media rep i've seen give positive comment to it was Geoff Keighley in that it "felt" like Uncharted 2. I can only assume he was referring to his reference on bonus round where he hope it would be improved upon the original "8 "game.

M.U.G.E.N said:

it's like saying crysis 2 looks the same as crysis 1...

Uh, no that would be a significant difference. This is like saying....Rainbow Six Vegas 2 looks the same as Rainbow Six Vegas  or Left4Dead 2 to L4D1.

M.U.G.E.N said:

your downplaying in the sony threads is getting tiresome..so move along now

You only consider it downplaying because you don't want to hear it. It's attached itself to this game because the response here was the same for inFamous 1. TBH with a thread title call itself incredible, i'd expect more than an 8.5.

Look's amazing ! But I want to see where they improve in terms of the morality system, powers, etc.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Look @ the microsoft fanboys sooking!! AHAHAHAH 5 years and still no exclusives that looks better than the dated Gears? damn feels sorry for those kids crying every day on forums cause they never get games this good looking on their system, just ask your mama to buy you a ps3.

OT: Game is a step up from the first in terms of visual! definitly looking forward to it.

RAZurrection said:

Killzone 3 looks familiar too; development began just as Killzone 2 shipped and naturally it uses the same engine as that game.

Way to take it out of context. That's where I'm gonna stop reading your responses in this thread...

Around the Network

Hmm, I have major doubts that its gonna look even close to that on screen and actually playing it. Those shots are amazing, like better than UC2 amazing and this is a sandbox game we're talking about. Besides; the first one didn't look very good at all and, frankly, neither does Prototype or GTAIV. Sandbox games just won't look this good till next generation imo.

If it does somehow end up looking this good, I'll be eating sheer joy and pooping stars and rainbows for weeks.

RAZurrection said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
RAZurrection said:

Looks identical to the first game.

I hope your joking

I hope you are. Since when did a Just Cause/Crackdown/Army of Two level visuals get peoples pants in a twist?

Crackdown visuals???

What?

Wait Wait

What?

Are you comparing Just Cause 2 with Crackdown?

WHAT?

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Amazing. Just one reason why 2011 is going to be such a dominant year for Sony. 

RAZ annoys me to a degree that isn't even describable, anyone else feel that way?

iWarMachine said:
RAZurrection said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
RAZurrection said:

Looks identical to the first game.

I hope your joking

I hope you are. Since when did a Just Cause/Crackdown/Army of Two level visuals get peoples pants in a twist?

Crackdown visuals???

What?

Wait Wait

What?

Are you comparing Just Cause 2 with Crackdown?

WHAT?

Crackdown visuals LOL ahahahahahaha OMG!!! sum1 plz stop  him from posting that dude is killing me in laughter.