By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Masturbation is bad for the mind and body

Well, it's true for me at least.

I swear after masturbation (I'm a male) the next day I will have blackheads and whiteheads and my skin is a lot drier. I also feel mentally groggy and less energetic. I won't feel motivated to do anything.

I lasted almost 40 days without masturbation several times and at that time I felt so alive, made more gains when lifting weights, and my mind was so much more clearer. I felt like I could conquer the world.

I know this isn't just in my head because I never believed in those "myths" before.

I did some Google searches on stuff related to my experience and lo and behold there are many others who have said the same thing in forums.

Scientists says otherwise but I'm certainly convinced through anecdotal experience that masturbation is bad for the mind and body. And there are numerous stories of people having a similar experience which bolsters my belief.

It is said Muhammad Ali would hold off sex for months before a fight. Leonardo da Vinci spoke about holding off and its positive effects in his notebooks. Same with Benjamin Franklin, as he explained in the biography he wrote before he died. I wonder if there is something to the ancient Chinese idea that you lose 'chi' when ejaculating.

Anyone have similar a experience?

Around the Network

40 days 0.0

Well I don't have the problem so I don't know ;/. Good luck with it.

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

Well, I once was able to go without for about three months. I don't recall noticing anything different, but then again the only thing I remember is being able to go without for that period.

It's great that you've noticed such things, though!

The BuShA owns all!

Does it have to be masturbation? What if someone has a really needy girlfriend?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

OoSnap said:

Well, it's true for me at least.

I swear after masturbation (I'm a male) the next day I will have blackheads and whiteheads and my skin is a lot drier. I also feel mentally groggy and less energetic. I won't feel motivated to do anything.

I lasted almost 40 days without masturbation several times and at that time I felt so alive, made more gains when lifting weights, and my mind was so much more clearer. I felt like I could conquer the world.

I know this isn't just in my head because I never believed in those "myths" before.

I did some Google searches on stuff related to my experience and lo and behold there are many others who have said the same thing in forums.

Scientists says otherwise but I'm certainly convinced through anecdotal experience that masturbation is bad for the mind and body. And there are numerous stories of people having a similar experience which bolsters my belief.

It is said Muhammad Ali would hold off sex for months before a fight. Leonardo da Vinci spoke about holding off and its positive effects in his notebooks. Same with Benjamin Franklin, as he explained in the biography he wrote before he died. I wonder if there is something to the ancient Chinese idea that you lose 'chi' when ejaculating.

Anyone have similar a experience?

Maybe you lost your mind after 40 days. And doesn't do anything to me.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Been there.  Not sure if it was the cause, but I was always tired and had a harder time concentrating on things in general when I was dating her.  She wanted it like multiple times a day... major nympho.

nightsurge said:
hatmoza said:

Been there.  Not sure if it was the cause, but I was always tired and had a harder time concentrating on things in general when I was dating her.  She wanted it like multiple times a day... major nympho.

That is so true.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I don't think so.  I think that ejaculating is a good form of relieving tension. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Well if it's not a mental condition it might be a physical condition. This symptom won't be from masturbation alone. Likely it would be the chemical and muscular process and that would occur making love to yourself or some one else. If this is the case I suggest you go see your doctor sooner than later.

Also keep in mind that most of the world people who do masturbate. Which is a lot. Don't complain about these difficulties. This stimuli is extremely natural and part of the body for reproduction. Which is again pointing that your having a medical situation. Go to the doctor. Go to the Doctor, Go to the Doctor

Seriously for your own health and not just your sexual health. Go to the Doctor. You have no idea what could be causing these symptoms. It might be something far more serious. It might be nothing at all. You should not be experiencing these kinds of after effects. It's not normal.

Go to the Doctor

PS.
sigh. you had to mention Chi and older beliefs. You don't need to believe in Chi/Ki/Kundalani..... or much of that stuff at all. MIT has already discovered that the human body generates a magnetic field. This field clearly is a type of energy. The magnetic field is not static. It changes based on mood and chemical state. It's possible that when you masturbate you might be building up energy and just discharging it.

The Kama Sutra was based on a Indian philosophy of Tantra where sex with another would be a union of energies. So I suppose sex by yourself could lead to a loss of energy as there would be no balance between feminine and masculine energies.

If either of these energies cases if you want to consider true. You might have an imbalance in your life in regards to your field. Again though this means that you still need some for of treatment.

Either way. GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I masturbate daily and I sometimes end up doing it 4 times a day , or 5? I stop counting when I am too horny.I also eat well so I won't ejaculate my sources of energy.

I consider masturbating as any other activity, it needs energy and effort.

Of course you feel tired , it's so mentally consuming to concentrate and make up images or remember the slightest detail of my best sex date.People above asking about sex dates if it qualify as masturbation , I think it's more physically if you are a stud ofcourse and mentally consuming so ofcourse you are gonna be tired.