By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: 360 can match PS3's 3D capabilities!

I still don't buy all the 3D gaming stuff - well until they can make it not require glasses to see.  I reallt see 3D not going anywhere until TV makers find a way to make the 3DS's solution on large scale screens - which is a ways off.  There will be a niche market who will praise the technology - but the majority of people will rather keep their money for a more practical application of 3D.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:

I am trying to draw conclusions. Good.

In the KZ2 (or KZ3) example. Lets say the 2-d version is 30fps. WIll the end result be that the PS3 outputs 30 frames per second (every other frame is meant for separate eyes, but that's something for the shutter glasses to sort out)? And the gamer will experience it as 15 frames per second since every other frame is blocked for one eye?

Now Disolutiude mentioned the framebuffer and double resolution in the 3-D version and that could explain why he talked about 8 frames per second per eye, but in my eyes that's practically the same thing because the end result is the same - the viewer gets his framerate halved due to 3-D.

In simplest terms its like this.

Killzone 3 (2D) = 1280 by 720 resolution at 30 frames per second.

Killzone 3 (3D) = 640 by 720 resolution at 30 frames per second each eye. So half the resolution but twice as often considering you need one unique frame per eye.

Which equals 640 by 720 at 60 frames per second total output by the PS3, right?