By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why were gamers racist to Konami at E3? (I have taken offense)

U all saw konami press conference. Why were so many ov ppl on th net racist towrds them and making fun of th jpnese way they sed things? They tried their best, cud u go to jpn and give a speech in jpnese? Th presnters wer trying to be natural and tryng to gel in with audience, I ws proud at how well they all spoke english. Is disrespectful to mock them. As a japanese person living in west I felt offended by how intrnt acted to their press confrnce, jst wnted to tell my feelings.

Around the Network

Were you one of the presenters?

AkibaFan said:

U all saw konami press conference. Why were so many ov ppl on th net racist towrds them and making fun of th jpnese way they sed things? They tried their best, cud u go to jpn and give a speech in jpnese? Th presnters wer trying to be natural and tryng to gel in with audience, I ws proud at how well they all spoke english. Is disrespectful to mock them. As a japanese person living in west I felt offended by how intrnt acted to their press confrnce, jst wnted to tell my feelings.

Because People Are Racists.

Didn't see it but that sucks. Internet is full of dbags (racists included). Sadly its just gonna happen

Hide your kids, hide your wife

I agree it makes me sick to see that kind of behavior as well,  but thats the way the internet is.

Around the Network

What racism? I've only seen people laugh at the hilarious show.

You don't even seem to understand what Konami went to do! They just went "Ahh screw it, we aren't gonna prepare for this stuff. Devs, just walk up there and have some fun, read from the teleprompter or do whatever you want."

its hardly racist to criticise their horrible conference.  and if you cant speak english... either dont present the thing...or have a translator and speak in japanese. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Racist how, exactly? Everyone who matters agrees that Konami won E3.

AkibaFan said:

There's a difference between being racist and laughing at Konami's press conference...

There were plenty of other Japanese presenters who were fine. Also, people make fun of English presenters in the same way. When someone does something in public, they open themselves up to critisism and there are a LOT of people waiting to critisize other people for whatever reason. Also, not everyone has to like something.

Try not to take it personally. Since if some Americans tried to speak Japanese they would likely receive the same ridicule. It's not racist.

I may not have read the posts you're referring to.

AkibaFan said:

I honestly thought they were great. After listening to reggie and mattick speak, I enjoyed some natural conversation.