By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Problem I have with Fire Emblem

In Fog of War maps, you advance damn carefully and bring a thief along to scout (Torch staves are cool, too). If you go charging in with Micaiah of course it isn't going to end well.

Around the Network

n00b?

And if you want to whine about difficulty in Fire Emblem, play Thracia 776! That is a truly evil game, but extremely satisfying to beat.

Radiant Dawn normal gives you battle saves. What more could you possibly want?

Thanks for the thread. Gives me an idea. This game is next on my rent que at Game Fly

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Yeah it can be a tough series, that what makes it so incredible. The problems some people have with the leveling is one of the best aspects, I mean mages should be low HP and Laguz are going to be useless in the last chapters. It forces you to actually THINK about your team and progression, not only in one battle, but also the concequences in 20 battles.

In PoR you had Titania, who was really strong from the start, and she could kill the entire field on her own, but then the others didn't get any level up.

Around the Network

No they need to rebalance this game. When your character has only 30hp and you enemy takes off 20 or more, that is an issue. Get attacked twice and it's bye bye. And in a turn based strategy game like this where they get to move all there guys at once, get ready to reset. They need to make it so your guy has at least 100 hp and attacks take off 30 or less. Then you have some strategy and heals mean something. It can be a back and forth battle. Rather then them one hitting you or you killing the boss in one hit. By the way most of the bosses in this die in 2 hits.

Learn to play noob.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

The Laguz in beast form are godly, upgrade the Beorc and just push with the strongest(I had Edward pretty much ripping up entier units in the first part as a level 17 Swordsmen) and be sure to more strategically so that your enemy can't reach you but you'll be able to get them in the next turn, it's really not hard if you can play 2 steps ahead of the game. I've lost 3 characters because... well I just didn't care for them so charged them in and did what I could with them, that chick on the pegasus in part 2 just irked me I dunno she was too weak so I sent her to her doooommm! lol. (I'm in mid part 3 )

Astrodust said:
No they need to rebalance this game. When your character has only 30hp and you enemy takes off 20 or more, that is an issue. Get attacked twice and it's bye bye. And in a turn based strategy game like this where they get to move all there guys at once, get ready to reset. They need to make it so your guy has at least 100 hp and attacks take off 30 or less. Then you have some strategy and heals mean something. It can be a back and forth battle. Rather then them one hitting you or you killing the boss in one hit. By the way most of the bosses in this die in 2 hits.

I won´t be as cruel as mromar, but if your character has a chance of dying, place him-her somewhere out of range. Or protect with other characters. That´s the idea of the game. If no character would be in risk of dying the permadeath wouldn´t make a lot of sense.

The games are balanced very well, mages are weak, but if you level them they can have amazing attack, but their HP stays weak. Look at Soren, would you take it serious if he had amazing HP??? 

Finished my first Fire Emblem tonight in Path of Radiance can't wait to get started on Radiant Dawn. Though I did cheat the reset + bonus a little too much I'll be going in with a lot of bonuses on my squishies ended PoR with a Soren of maxed Magic/Skill/Defense/Speed/Resist and a Mist with maxed Strength/Magic/Speed/Defense :P . I think the game is balanced though its like Chess make a wrong move and you lose your piece to the enemy no absorbing an entire wave of attacks from the enemy then just healing it away like nothing happened unless of course you play it smart and put something like a heavy armor with lances against 3 swordsmen. I would suggest anyone wanting to pick up Radiant Dawn though do PoR first as I could see the story being confusing when you missed out on the history of War in Tellius for the last 4 years and meet the cast of characters from the singular perspective of Ike's party before you take on RD and its 3 different parties comprised of Ike's various former allies + new people acting simultaneously to tell a story.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)