By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBox 360 S overheating video

Description from youtube:

I am an good xbox fanboy and have 4 Xbox 360 which ever versions they released. So I was playing Call of duty modern warfare 2 for 1 hour then suddenly started to show this lines on my screen. Oops Microsoft making an 2 in 1 chip wasen't an good idea basically microsoft built GPU and CPU in one chip and suddenly started to overheat. I aren't bragging but I want to show the consumers that Microsoft still aven't fix the problem of overheating and no need to upgrade.

Lets hope it is just random issue and not common problem for new 360 model

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Around the Network

That's not overheating... if it was overheating there would be heavy frame rate drops and texture problems... that's more like a connection issue... maybe not firmly seated in the box or the TV a splitter can sometimes degrade video like this

I am very skeptical of videos like this one where one person makes a claim that seems to go against everyone else's experience.  It's like that guy that claimed he got a 120GB Xbox 360 slim and some websites running with it and using it to make everyone weary about buying one (a claim that was later proven to be bullshit).

Who in their right mind is playing Call of Duty in front of a young child? that's sick...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

that looks like a broken shading unit or pixelpipe on the GPU, which can be due to overheating, but before there would be color artifacts on textures and so on (and if you see that you should switch off your console)

Around the Network

Oh I fully expect tons of these to pop up online, Fanboys wrapping a towel round their console and keeping it on for 48 hours next to a a nicely lite fireplace, just to troll Microsoft!

Seece said:

Oh I fully expect tons of these to pop up online, Fanboys wrapping a towel round their console and keeping it on for 48 hours next to a a nicely lite fireplace, just to troll Microsoft!

yes im sure someone just wasted $299 to troll, can you not just accept that it may just have been faulty?

phinch1 said:
Seece said:

yes im sure someone just wasted $299 to troll, can you not just accept that it may just have been faulty?

No not really, not this soon after release.

And to your first line LOL

On LAUNCH people bought $599 PS3's and smashed them in with a sledge hammer and posted the videos online (they did it with the 360 as well.) Do not underestimate the stupidity of people on the internet.

I have to agree with Seece on this one, you'd be surprise what some folks will do just for the lulz.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

That's not an overheating problem.