By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect only supports two players, Move supports two-ish

So that video demo with that whacky lady moving and the guy and the little kid, which one of them was not actually playing the game?  It'd be even funnier if that lady doing them embarrassing movements was the one not playing lol.

Around the Network

wii fan base fears ps move and kinect confirmed by this lame thread

FF_Fanatic said:

this thread is nothing but flaimbait i make a valid point you know there may be four player games on the wii, but none of my friends actually own enough controllers for four way play, it's just too expensive

How is pointing out the number of players likely to be supported flame-bait? If it is truly unimportant then there is nothing negative about this revelation. As a result there is no one who can flame. On the other hand if it can be a source of criticism then you admit it is a fault of the two systems. In other words this is either bad or irrelevant but it cannot be both as you are claiming. You are tripping over your own arguments.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

V-r0cK said:

So that video demo with that whacky lady moving and the guy and the little kid, which one of them was not actually playing the game?  It'd be even funnier if that lady doing them embarrassing movements was the one not playing lol.

The two kids were jumping around like idiots there, and the Kinect system was ignoring them.  It is just two players who the Kinect device reads, filtering out others.  So, it looks like two active players.  There is an issue whether or not in the likes of Dance Central if Kinect can track the players behind the main player.  It is possible Kinect can.  Or also, in a game like the trivia quiz thing, if you can have four players at once playing a game show format.

SSBB can be played with wii mote only, Mario Kart too, NSMB too.

Brawl doesn't count -_- Then again, those who play it with four players probably use Gamecube controllers anyway.

I'm one of those who has four Wii remotes, which I sometimes use simultaneously for games like Guitar Hero, NSMB Wii, Just Dance (I have a big family...), etc. That said, I only have two nunchucks, and I've never needed more. I do prefer the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to the GC controller in Brawl, but most of my friends disagree.

It's nice to have the option of four-player, two-handed gaming, but so far I just haven't found necessary on Wii, and I doubt that will change much on the PS3. But Microsoft really does need to do something about their two-person limit. Sure, alternating could be fun, but simultaneous play is probably more so.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " ~John 14:6 (NKJV)

Around the Network
FF_Fanatic said:

We are ponting out the biggest flaws the two technologies that are claimed to be superior to Wii' motion controls have.

If a company claims superior technology, it should also address the solutions the old one has solved. Wii has four player multiplayer woth Wii remote and nunchuck, that's two more that Kinect and two more than Move with the Navigation controller. With the nunchuck, up to 8 players can play on Wi (even though 8 players ion one screen is pandemonium)

many of teh shortcommings (couch for Kinect and 4 player with wand) were already addressed by the Wii since the first time it was showed. If technologies that are claimed to be superior have these flaws, there there is a huge issue. Why going for better technology if I'm going to have more problems or limitations in multiplayer?

the_bloodwalker said:

We are ponting out the biggest flaws the two technologies that are claimed to be superior to Wii' motion controls have.

If a company claims superior technology, it should also address the solutions the old one has solved. Wii has four player multiplayer woth Wii remote and nunchuck, that's two more that Kinect and two more than Move with the Navigation controller. With the nunchuck, up to 8 players can play on Wi (even though 8 players ion one screen is pandemonium)

many of teh shortcommings (couch for Kinect and 4 player with wand) were already addressed by the Wii since the first time it was showed. If technologies that are claimed to be superior have these flaws, there there is a huge issue. Why going for better technology if I'm going to have more problems or limitations in multiplayer?

Huh? Since when has anyone said that Kinect for example was better than the Wiimote? The closest I've seen is that its got strengths which the Wiimote cannot match.

Tease.

^^ I mentioned "claimed" in my post. I am talking mostly at marketers and PR that talks big about Move and Kinect as superior to Wii.

makingmusic476 said:
Cueil said:

then how are three people playing Dance Central?

I've thus far only seen one person playing Dance Central at a time.  The player has two backup dancers on screen, but only the central character is actually playing.

Not sure if this has been asked, but why is it when the guy throws up his right arm in the game his avatar raises his left arm? Check the end of the video.

Even when he throws his arm in a downward motion the game is using the opposite arm.

Same thing happens with the girl at the beginning.

I just found that odd, why does it register the opposite arm/leg that you are moving?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

the_bloodwalker said:
FF_Fanatic said:

The Move is superior in the sense that it takes the biggest flaws of the Wii (Precision) and improves upon it.  The Kinect is superior to 'motion controls' because it doesn't even have a controller...You are the controller.  The problem is with Kinect the precision most likely won't be there and with move you run into issues with 8 peripherals (Since the PS3 is all wireless based). 

Again though, in my experience this won't be much of an issue for Move.  And two players for Kinect isn't too horrible.  A TV is only so big after all. The bigger issue to me is for Motion Controls in gaming to take a step forward, the registry has to improve tremendously.  Kinect has me very concerned at this moment in that regard.