By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect only supports two players, Move supports two-ish

ElGranCabeza said:
makingmusic476 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Move supports 4 players simultaneously and 3 players simultaneously if each player is required to have 2 Moves or a Move Nav. Thread title FAILS.

According to Sony, they've capped support at four Move controllers max.  Yes, the ps3 can support up to 7 bluetooth devices, but that does not seem to be the case in regards to Move in particular.

And your tone was totally uncalled for.

So you banned me for calling you out on your erroneous thread title? Mod abuse at its best.

I didn't mean to offend you and maybe "my tone" was a little off, and for that I apologize, but you shouldn't abuse your mod powers just because you disagree with somebody!!!!!

I banned you for contending with my thread title in a rude and inflammatory manner.  You have every right to express your opinion, but saying "thread title FAILS" was completely unnecessary. 

And honestly, you were banned for like five hours.  I suppose that could be considered mod abuse at its finest.  :P

slowmo said:

I'm impressed that so many people on this site who seemingly lived in a shoebox when they thought Kinect needed loads of space to work now have rooms big enough to support 4 players simultaneously on Kinect. 

Is that aimed at anybody in particular?  I guess you wanted to stick it to "those people", whoever they may be.  :P

Around the Network

come on seriously how many of you have four player games on the wii, the most i've had is two, so move is perfect for me, not to mention four player control costs not cheap for the wii or the ps3

FF_Fanatic said:

come on seriously how many of you have four player games on the wii, the most i've had is two, so move is perfect for me, not to mention four player control costs not cheap for the wii or the ps3

Everyone who owns a Wii owns at least one four player game for it. It would be hard not to own multiple. The casual games play much, much, much better with more people. The reason so many of them get slagged is they don't get reviewed in a party environment. Going for that casual market but cutting one of the staples of it is a bad move over-all.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I think just about every Wii owner has at least one four player game (won't count Wii Sports for the sake of this argument), whether it's Smash Bros, or Mario Kart or NSMB, but I suppose the legitimate question should be how many owners actually own 4 sets of controllers, presumably used on a somewhat regular basis?

Gamer houses and gamer families come to mind, but to say that most Wii households fall into these categories is a big stretch.

Either way, as it's already been mentioned, not all 4 player games require all four players jumping around simultaneously anyway. Team based games often use a turn based system. If the two person at once limitation is true (I file this one under unconfirmed until officially announced), sure it will cut down on certain experiences, but it would hardly take away from Kinect as a party, "casual" game peripheral.

greenmedic88 said:

I think just about every Wii owner has at least one four player game (won't count Wii Sports for the sake of this argument), whether it's Smash Bros, or Mario Kart or NSMB, but I suppose the legitimate question should be how many owners actually own 4 sets of controllers, presumably used on a somewhat regular basis?

Gamer houses and gamer families come to mind, but to say that most Wii households fall into these categories is a big stretch.

Either way, as it's already been mentioned, not all 4 player games require all four players jumping around simultaneously anyway. Team based games often use a turn based system. If the two person at once limitation is true (I file this one under unconfirmed until officially announced), sure it will cut down on certain experiences, but it would hardly take away from Kinect as a party, "casual" game peripheral.

you don't have to own 4 controllers, the wii is so popular that your  neighbor or your friend that wants to play with you has some too.  I don't think the same will ever be said about the move.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Apparently Microsoft is prioritizing games played while standing, and I doubt most people have enough space in front of their TVs for 4 people to stand and do big movements...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Cross-X said:
mysticwolf said:

That is the disappointment that I was waiting for. The thing that will turn people off. I knew something like this would happen

The Wii IS able to support up to 4 players in great addictive multiplayer games like Super Smash Bros Brawl, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Kart and the list goes on and that's what makes the Wii so great compared to Move and Kinect.

And how many of those need Nunchuck ?

SSBB can be played with wii mote only,  Mario Kart too, NSMB too.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

this thread is nothing but flaimbait i make a valid point you know there may be four player games on the wii, but none of my friends actually own enough controllers for four way play, it's just too expensive

The true limitations are space and controllers most people do not have both so it is actually rare for more players to participate at the same time. However it is not rare to have them take turns.

Of course if and as we have yet to have any positive proof the Kinect systems is limited to two then that is a shame as it would of removed one of the barriers namely controllers just leaving the space to sort out.

The most I have seen is 4 of course 2 of them were in a different room ;) and that was the football game.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
makingmusic476 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
makingmusic476 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Move supports 4 players simultaneously and 3 players simultaneously if each player is required to have 2 Moves or a Move Nav. Thread title FAILS.

According to Sony, they've capped support at four Move controllers max.  Yes, the ps3 can support up to 7 bluetooth devices, but that does not seem to be the case in regards to Move in particular.

And your tone was totally uncalled for.

So you banned me for calling you out on your erroneous thread title? Mod abuse at its best.

I didn't mean to offend you and maybe "my tone" was a little off, and for that I apologize, but you shouldn't abuse your mod powers just because you disagree with somebody!!!!!

I banned you for contending with my thread title in a rude and inflammatory manner.  You have every right to express your opinion, but saying "thread title FAILS" was completely unnecessary. 

And honestly, you were banned for like five hours.  I suppose that could be considered mod abuse at its finest.  :P

slowmo said:

I'm impressed that so many people on this site who seemingly lived in a shoebox when they thought Kinect needed loads of space to work now have rooms big enough to support 4 players simultaneously on Kinect. 

Is that aimed at anybody in particular?  I guess you wanted to stick it to "those people", whoever they may be.  :P

I've long since stopped aiming at any particular user with remarks, anyone who read the threads that incorrectly stated you needed 3 metres of space for Natal to work would understand who it is aimed at.  A number of people on this site didn't have any space to play, now all of a sudden everyone has acres of space that they could fit 4 people in.  I just find it amusing how people flip with their viewpoints on here to suit an agenda.  I have a reasonable sized front room but could never fit 4 players in front of the TV for Kinect, it's a struggle getting people around the TV for a 4 player Rock band session given the drumset I use.